IGNORED

we got tornadoed

Snarley Bill

we got nailed in st. Charles and harvester, mo. Friday night. what a disaster zone. never seen so many cops, fire engines, electric trucks, and sight seers. we got our street cleared enough to drive through Saturday and the electric co. has cleared most of the power lines. we might get electric today. we are supposed to have a crew come through starting today to remove some of the debris. both sides of our street is lined with trees laying down. we have a group of volunteers from the southern Baptist church coming to day to help us haul the trees and crap out of my and the neighbors yards to the street. I don't think anyone was hurt bad we had an ef3 tornado with 150 mph winds. most of the damage was from fallen trees. all my trees in back are topped out. somebody up there must like us. on top of all this the Missouri river is flooded in st. Charles. what a week end this has been. :depressed:

Glad u r ok, one thing people have found out is being in a car during a tornado is bad. In scouts they told us to get low in a ditch. I have had a bunch of training and one of the worst places to be is under an underpass, many people killed and injured by flying debris and they become a funnel.

So where do u take refuge if you and a tornado cross path's??

well if you got a 1st gen you can out run it a 2nd gen not so much :whistling::whistling::confused24: all kidding aside glad your OK and here to talk about it i don't have cable TV so don't know whats up in the world with current events unless yall say something and im not searching out on the internet got other more important things to do and look up like VR.org 1st gen tech library and text Squidley, and wes0778 :confused24:... Snarley Bill you be careful and safe up there

Dang Bill,

I am so glad you and Linda are ok.

I sure hope you didn't loose your home and all your belongings.

If you need a place to stay you are more than welcome to use our house in Huntsville, Al.

We are not living there in Huntsville right now, but we visit the house now and then on some weekends.

We may be moving back soon, but not sure, but that does not matter if we are living there or not............ you have a place to live in Huntsville if you need it.

I'm glad that you and Linda weren't harmed, physical stuff can be taken care of....

Also glad to hear the church folks are coming over to help ya'll out, I'd be there if'n you were closer.....:bighug:

I agree. What a weekend this has been. So glad to hear you are ok Bill.

I think the death toll in Oklahoma is 12 from this weekend.

They are still looking for some in a family of 7 that took shelter in a low lying ditch, they were swept away in a flash flood as the tornado came thru. I think the mother and father and one child have been found.

3 trained professional chasers were killed in their vehicle when the twister took an unexpected turn.

3-4 in a weather channel vehicle were tossed 200 yards into a field. All lived with cuts and broken bones.

Every basement in downtown OKC is full of water.

What a weekend. We are thankful you and your family are safe and not harmed.

Lots and Lots of people across the midwest that need our help and prayer.

Thanks for checkin in.

Don and I were thinking about you and Linda and wondering if you were in the path of these storms. Glad you and her are ok...but sorry about all the damage. If you need a place, you are welcome here. if we can help out at all, please let us know.

Thinking of you both

Patti and Don

Glad to hear you guys are okay.

I agree, crazy weather weekend.

Here in Arkansas, it started Thursday with 11 recorded tornados in the state, then came record setting rainfall Friday and Saturday. We had numerous locations here in the state report 10 or more inches of rain in a 24hr period. 7 people died here in the state from the weather, including a sheriff and a wildlife officer who were trying to rescue two women from a flooded house. The house imploded and washed all 4 of them down the river. All 4 of them died.

Just a sad weather weekend.

Again, glad to hear you guys are okay. Hang in there.

linda and me are ok. the house is fine and we are blessed. even with all the devistation around here, it is nothing like oklahoma city. i can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything in 10 seconds. our tornado was a weird one. it is like it took every thing just above house level on our street. there was alot of homes damaged about a mile from us. here it was mostly downed trees and power poles. it just snapped our big trees off like twigs. thanks to all for the kind words and concern. bill