IGNORED

First Ride - Victory CCT

SilvrT

Picked her up today with 3 km on the clock! at around 10am this morning ... 300 km later, I'm back home!

She's still a little tight but it won't take me long to get her loosened up :whistling:

Definitely not a Goldwing which is like driving a car on 2 wheels, the CCT handles extremely well, feels much lighter than her 850 +/- pounds but you do know you're riding a V-twin ... which for me is good because I like the "feel" ... feels like a motorcycle is under me.

Has ample power but I haven't really tapped into all she's got yet as I never took her over 4000 rpm (red lines at appx 5200). Running at 110 km/h in 6th gear she rolls along smoothly around 2600 rpm (+/- as I can't remember exactly). Twist the wrist from there and she pulls very well.

All in all, I'm a very happy camper!! :dancefool: :dancefool: :dancefool:

[ATTACH]76474[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]76475[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]76476[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]76477[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]76478[/ATTACH]

Nice indeed ! I like this better than the vision model

Let us know how it does later on down the road was looking at this model but couldn't see spending that kind money besides peg said the Wing gives her the best seating. What I like the most on Victory motorcycles is all or most of the models is they pretty much take the same parts .all take the same battery - starter - plugs - drive train etc etc.

:clap2:

Does the Casset deck work? :stickpoke:

It looks fantastic Rick I hope to see it up close soon.

:ice_congrats-vi6886

Does a cassette deck have an iPod connector? :rotf:

This bike has a built-in iPod connection ... now I gotta get one of those :doh: :mo money:

Nice lookin ride, Rick. Look forward to future posts on your thoughts and concerns. I think Victory has got a lot of Yamaha'ers paying close attention!

Once I get it broken in (appx 3-4000 km) and it's loosened up, I will be happy to do a full report.

So far though, all I can say is I like it ... did I say that already? LOL

Couple things which I like are the side bags can be removed very easily. Just twist a couple locking pins and lift off. The trunk is also easilly removable. Man, there's a lot of room in those.

One thing which many who road test them comment on is the clunking when shifting. Ya, it does do that but from all I've read, this calms down some once broken in and once ya learn how to shift it. It seems noisless to shift at low rpm's or if you apply some pressure to the shifter just before blippin the clutch. Dropping down to 1st will always be clunky. Finding neutral is very easy and it has a gear indicator!! The tranny though is rock solid so they say and uses straight cut gears.

'nuther thing I like is the simialarity to the Venture for removing the fairing front cover ... ya remove the headlight, speaker grills and 8 screws which are almost the exact same place as those on the RSV.

Wind buffeting is almost non-existant due in large part to the windshield design. The air vent at the bottom cancels out the low pressure zone behind it which occurs on many other windshields that don't have a vent. I did get caught in a wee bit of rain and it blew off and over the top of me at a fairly low speed.

The seat is fairly comfortable and you sit quite low. I can plant both feet and still have my knees bent. Due to the ergonomics of how you sit and the handlebars though, I found I needed more back support so will be adding a backrest soon.

My only complaint so far is that Nina's feet get in my way when we come to a stop and when starting off ... I keep bumping the toes of her boot with the back of my leg. :doh: :rotf: ... I asked her why she had to have such big feet ... that didn't go over too well :rotfl:

So far, I really like this bike ... I think I said that, didn't I ? :cool10:

Edited by SilvrT

I am just green with envy nice bike, someday if I can talk the boss into one. Now I just made it harder to do installed an alpine amp and new alpine speakers in the back and the clutch basket. Man what was I thinking. :fingers-crossed-emo

OK... #1 BIG Congrats on the new scoot!! #2 The color looks great. #3 But.... I can't get enthused by the angular Stelth styling. To me the bike looks boxy. I realize that it's just my tastes in bikes, but I can't see myself standing in line for one..... However.... Nina on the back will make it look a lot better.... :thumbsup2:

OK... #1 BIG Congrats on the new scoot!! #2 The color looks great. #3 But.... I can't get enthused by the angular Stelth styling. To me the bike looks boxy. I realize that it's just my tastes in bikes, but I can't see myself standing in line for one..... However.... Nina on the back will make it look a lot better.... :thumbsup2:

I like the looks of it ... far better than that spaceship george jetson model they make LOL

It is "different" alright but not so far removed from the "pack". Possibly some fancy graphics of some sort ...... nahhhhh... I'd better leave that alone ... SWMBO said NO PIMPING for a while ... like a couple years maybe :crying:

did I say I really, REALLY like this bike? :Laugh: