IGNORED

Good 1st Gen Cup holder?

If you want a bunch of options for handlebar mounts on 1st gen ya need to check these out.

I think Bob might still have a set or two left.

I like to call em Snagglestuds but Bob is the guy that made them.

Bobs also are drilled and tapped for ram mounts. His are the ones with the rounded ends.

Handy lil critters since we lack "Handlebars". :rotf:

Got my GPS, camera remote and cup holder front and center now.

I am looking for a cup holder that works well on my ''83. I am looking for a handle bar mount. Since my legs are so long. there is no space on the fairing where the stock holders were mounted. Any recommendations? Thanks Al
I bought a gimballed black plastic cup holder at the Walmart in Cody WY 1 1/2 years ago for $9.00. It clamps to the handlebar, looks OK and works well...still. Unlike the stainless one SilvrT won there then gave to me which lasted about 2 months before falling apart.

Not complaining Rick, just saying. :rotfl:

If you want a bunch of options for handlebar mounts on 1st gen ya need to check these out.

Bobs also are drilled and tapped for ram mounts. His are the ones with the rounded ends.

I want at least one of these! Or something similar. What is Bobs user name? Sorrry I only know a few peoples first name (still a little new on here)

And this is what I will use when I can get the studds. SS Cup Holder. I work for a bicycle shop who sells this brand so I can get a good deal on it :cool10:

I got one from Pioneer Motorsports at Don's MD 2 years ago. I think it's stainless...and comes with the bracket and longer allan bolts.

It mounts on the same holes as either the clutch or front brake reservoir.

It pivots on a single mount so it stays vertical (on a single plane)

It came with 2 different rubber inserts to accommodate different diameter cups.

My only complaint is that it's not deep enough. Some taller mugs and water bottles end up top heavy.

I paid $30 for it.

I like this mounting method plus I want to use Ram Mounts for the GPS and other things. If these are still available or can be had, I am interested.

Gary

I want at least one of these! Or something similar. What is Bobs user name? Sorrry I only know a few peoples first name (still a little new on here)

And this is what I will use when I can get the studds. SS Cup Holder. I work for a bicycle shop who sells this brand so I can get a good deal on it :cool10:

Luke, I still have a few of these left if you are interested! Pm sent on the subject

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Schwinn cup holder that works the best of anything... had a Ram mount swivel cup holder and it did nothing but slosh coffee all over my tank, hehe. The Schwinn has two mounting holes, and I cut a small strip of 1/8" steel to mount it to, drilling the proper holes in it, then used a 10-24 screw through a third hole in the center of the small strip of steel, and then bolted it through the handlebar riser on the throttle side, through the hole in the riser, there is a split or groove and a hole at on end, the bolt goes through there, and then a washer and locknut on the inside... holds my travel mug very well! They still sell these for about $8 at any place that has bicycles or accessories.