IGNORED

Lightening strike

wideopenrod

Wow... I had a lighting strike last July very close to my house. The lighting swirled around the tree blowing bark off in a swirl. Found tree remains 50 ft away. Had to take tree down and the one tree in front of the falling direction.

Caused damaged to my hot tub, garage door opener, battery maintenance charger, Wireless phone unit, Freezer,

Home insurance was $1000.00 deductible.

I think it was Static I tell you.... didnt you just get new septic system and garage door?????

You didnt happen to hit the garage door opener at about the time the explosion happened did ya???....:smile5:

You may be on to something... coming down from my sniper post to begin rubbing everything down with dryer sheets..

You may be on to something... coming down from my sniper post to begin rubbing everything down with dryer sheets..

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Hey, a certain someone with a Honda Davidson said he was riding his bike up there Sunday and we could just hook a chain on and pull it up roots and all....:confused24:

Rod, those are cool pictures. An idea...cut down the top of the tree, removing all branches that would eventually fall on passing Harleys', and leave about 10 feet of the truck and roots in place. You would end up with a 10 foot tall naked trunk left standing.

Then have a chainsaw artist come out and carve a really cool looking scene into the remaining trunk, like...a lightning bolt, or something...so that you have the remains to remind you, and your neighbors, or what happened, and it would be cool to see every day.

:backinmyday: