IGNORED

Blowing off steam

dwatson636

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received an Facebook, message from (Sonny Rattan, The guy that set up that other forum.

(I quote) You are a total Douchebag. trying to advertise that other page. I guess this is what retards do, (a few other choice words) and To Go FK !!! myself ass wipe. Its a shame he lives in another country.

I'd like to go knock on his door.

Just cause I'm good at finding people, he's from Hamilton Ontario

I don't usally report things to FB as offensive but I think I would that one.

Sonny Rattan 1-905-929-2237 Hamilton Ontario

I guess its time to call the local fuss in Ontario

I knew that name sounded familiar. He used to be a member here and remember helping him with his RSTD at Carl's MD a number of years ago. He had a custom paint job done on his bike with a million skulls painted on it.

I really don't get this guy. By being on "HIS" page and saying some info could be found at another location is like saying you can find a book at the library.... you might have to get a library card you know, but that's your choice.

This fella Sonny sounds like he has some issues. You did the right thing by contacting the LEO's concerning the phone calls and threats.

I'm not a FB user myself, (yet), but a report to them would seem called for also. I've read of people being banned from FB for a lot less than that.

Hate to see this stuff happen.

That's OK...I had found it. People have differing opinions and that's OK. I actually was a member of that one but haven't been there in a LONG time. I just removed myself from it. I don't really care about his opinion one way or the other but don't want to be listed there if he is going to badmouth us.

Don he did not bad mouth the VR site, at least from what I saw and I just had a long discussion with him on this and I started from the side of "what do you mean I can't post what I want". The only thing he is against is people for no reason posting to come join here and in the process implying or making it sound like it is a requirement to stay on the Facebook page weather on purpose or not (some folks are too easily intimated as we all know). Now the only way to insure that never happens would be a disclaimer of sorts would need to be placed each time someone brings up this site or any other and that will never happen. Now I personally did not see this happen and I even have in the past after pointing to an article in the tech section here that the membership here is 12.00 for the year and the folks here are a great bunch and very helpful when you have a problem.

Now that being said, even that to some folks can be a little intimidating if you look at it without knowing what may happen if you were to use the info without joining the VR site, yea I know the bogeyman will come get you when you sleeping. I do have to say the way it started out was on the rough side and I questioned him on it openly and personally and after a few discussion in a civil manner I tend to see his point if you look at it from this persective and like I told him I'm not taking anyones side just trying to see what the issue was and is there a work around.

Paul

You are right. The permissions were set wrong. Not sure it's really that big a deal but I've changed the settings. As much for any future conflicts than for this particular issue.

Think there is still a problem ! See Sonny thanked you !

Sonny... since you are reading this thread.... think you need to lighten up on your stance about referring people on the facebook page to other sties. Whether or not you "own" the page or not, I'd refer people to resources whether or not it is on vr.org, venturers, or elsewhere.

Nothing against your page. Glad you are supporting the Royal Stars by having a page. But remember... if I find an answer for a poster that is on another site, I'll let them know where to find it. Same thing goes the other way. If I post a link to your facebook page on vr.org... I'm sure Freebird and the other moderators aren't going to revoke my membership.

Think of it this way.... you just got free advertising here. From your response to Mike (Brake Pad), I think you are giving a negative view of yourself. Supporters of the Royal Stars need to stick together and spread the word, whether or not it is vr.org, Venturers, Delphi, or your page. If someone comes here to check it out, there is a free trial period... no one is forced to join. And as you've demonstrated in your case... can get access for free.

Folks, let me make it clear. As far as I know, I never had any issues with him. I don't remember any problems. Maybe there were and I wasn't aware. He said that he was offered a free membership here. I don't remember that either but it is possible. If I had reason to think that he was having a financial problem, I very likely did offer him a free membership as I have done with several members here. He stated that it wasn't a money issue but just didn't think he should have to pay. That's fine and he certainly has a right to that opinion. The only thing that bothers me is that he seems to really have a bitter attitude about it. That is a bit hard to understand when I offered him a free membership out of kindness before learning that it wasn't a financial issue when he refused it. Many folks have posted links here to other sites including Star rides, articles at the Venturers, etc. I have never had an issue with that but if he does, that's his decision for whatever reason.

At any rate, I'm not going to lose any sleep over this. In the grand scheme of things, it's just not important enough to get upset over.

Ok so I don't give a Rats A$$ about the FB page or any of the other drama. BUT does expired memberships still have access to my profile information my phone number and now a stick pin on the map where I live. I didn't post that information until after I had been here awhile and began to trust the folks here. But don't worry I don't have a Rats A$$ to give away. Off my :soapbox: