IGNORED

nerve block still in effect

Hummingbird

I had my rotator cuff surgery this morning at 9:30, it was arthroscopic surgery which is really nice (less invasive) and of course he found more than the mri indicated. :scratchchin:

He put in 5 anchors, filled a hole, trimmed a spur and glued a bunch of stuff to the anchors. Not sure yet what actually went on because he had to poke a 4th hole in my shoulder on the upper back side. I'll get the total story on the 22nd when I have my post surgery office visit.

:mo money: :mo money: :mo money:

I haven't taken any percocet yet because the nerve block is still keeping the pain level to a zero factor but I'm pretty sure that by morning or most likely in the middle of the night I'll be ready. :bang head:

The Dr. assured me that by mid May I might be able to ride - He said that with a grin and I took it as merely conversation.

I normally post pictures when I have some bleeding but they wouldn't let me take my cell phone into surgery :doh:

Best of luck and yes, take that pill about 8 hours after the surgery. You will know. two anchors, bone spur, cleaned up the cuff and a few tendons. Poked 5 holes in my shoulder. Lucky I did not have to have the bicep tendon relocated all back on Dec. 27th. had full range motion at first rehab at 4 weeks. shot IDPA matches at 6 weeks, riding bike at 8 weeks and seeing doctor today in HOPES of being released for weight training rehab after 11 weeks. No pain and full range motion. Do the work at rehab, mind the healing process and it will work out. those nerves, many of them, will stay asleep for weeks and as you heal and do the work one or two will WAKE UP and say HELLO! I am back!. Darn it hurts! Takes time but it gets there. So speedy recovery, little pain I hope and don't expect to get much sleep for the next few weeks. Best of luck.

Thanks guys - I have a confession :doh:

long story short - do not take percocet with wine as the chaser. It could possibly make you sleep until all pain meds are depleted from your system and your shoulder hurts more than anybody ever thought it might. ( don't ask me how I know this to be a FACT !! )

I guess all of the professionals that told me not to do that really do know what they are talking about :bang head:

Thanks guys

I guess all of the professionals that told me not to do that really do know what they are talking about :bang head:

You are correct. If the medical pros DID recommend the use of alcohol and pain meds together then our insurance would have to cover the cost of lobster bibs to.

Not a bad way to go to sleep. Damned lousy way to wake up.

girlfriend just had the same surgery last wednesday . nerve block last 24 hours She started the percoset but was done with it by last tuesday. said it made her feel funny and sleepy all the time. Now just on advil and getting in her therapy 4 x a day. getting ready to ride this spring.:thumbsup2:

LOL, yeah my nerve block lasted about 10 hours, then Hydrocodon off and on for a couple of days. After that, mostly only later in the day, but sleeping was tough. So I did find a Hydrocodon with a Margarita chaser made going to sleep a bit easier. Once allowed to do the rehab it was better once into that. Passive rehab at 4 weeks, I was shooting IDPA competition at 5 weeks, then active rehab started at at 6 weeks. Granted it takes a good while to get past it all but trust me, it does get better. doing weight training now, lightly, after 11 weeks. Mostly the light weights and bands. Not much weight but feels good to put muscles and stretch those tendons a little. Gets those last nerves to wake up which inturn makes it easier to use your muscles. I will setup the weight machine at home this weekend to start light full range weights plus the rehab work. 11 major muscle and joint surgeries, kinda got the routine down pat. glad to hear it is progressing for everyone else too. Those just starting out, trust me, it will get better. Now back to my margarita.