IGNORED

1st gen upgrade battery cable sets ..... maybe

At this point no. With the problems getting the correct lugs I have not received any qoute yet. With them having their own cable business I'm sure the buying power is better than mine so I'm hoping they can beat, or at least match the prices we have had in the past.

So I hoping they can beat the $40.00 mark by a bit. I know the costs of materials and the labor time that goes into these so I would not expect anything much lower than $35.00 or $40.00.

But I can not give a fixed price at this point. Hopefully once they get the last shipment of the proper lugs we can that settled.

I'll keep you all posted as soon as I know for sure.

I've made arrangements to have the first set sent to make sure of the quality and the fit to the bike so there will be no question on the the product being what we need and the workmanship.

Mike

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are around $40.00 a set I am all in.

Is this all three cables? The ground cable from battery, the short one from the battery to the starter Relay/solenoid and the long one to the starter?

And has anyone a source for a new Starter relay/solenoid? Considering mine is 30 years old I'm thinking replacing it is a good idea.

If they are around $40.00 a set I am all in.

Is this all three cables? The ground cable from battery, the short one from the battery to the starter Relay/solenoid and the long one to the starter?

And has anyone a source for a new Starter relay/solenoid? Considering mine is 30 years old I'm thinking replacing it is a good idea.

That's the plan. All three and a 10ga tail for the main fuse on the short positive cable.

At this point I have to say I am out..... my 1st Gen is going up for sale soon so no more money going that way.... all spare cash to new 2nd Gen.

See, I knew it. Just toss it away like, like ... .ah damn, like a used motorcycle. :buttkick: Make sure it gets a good home and tell the new owner about us so we can still visit the old girl.

But understandable. I'll cross you off the list. Now go get some shiny stuff for the new ride.

See, I knew it. Just toss it away like, like ... .ah damn, like a used motorcycle. :buttkick: Make sure it gets a good home and tell the new owner about us so we can still visit the old girl.

But understandable. I'll cross you off the list. Now go get some shiny stuff for the new ride.

I love the 1st gen, it is for sure a better bike than the second gen, just needed newer more serviceability for the longer hauls, cannot get stuck out on the road with wife on back.

And well, I am really not sure I want to tell anyone about me being part of this looney bin! :whistling:

I don't have any money left until I sell the 1st gen to buy shinny things for it.... new Avon tires next week is it for now.

Edited by kevin-vic-b.c.
more BS added

At this point I have to say I am out..... my 1st Gen is going up for sale soon so no more money going that way.... all spare cash to new 2nd Gen.

Well - it'll be good to slow down a little in retirement. :stirthepot:

I love the 1st gen, it is for sure a better bike than the second gen, ( you realize you said that out loud right?) ((I'm tagging this page)) just needed newer more serviceability for the longer hauls, cannot get stuck out on the road with wife on back.

So..... she's one of those women that won't push the bike eh?

And well, I am really not sure I want to tell anyone about me being part of this looney bin! :whistling:

I know. I had the same trouble getting people to visit me at the "home". :rotf:

I don't have any money left until I sell the 1st gen to buy shinny things for it.... new Avon tires next week is it for now.

Yep, your good to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, after starting on this project to get cables sets made four months ago it looks like this is DOA.

After numerous exchanges with the provider I was working with and collecting information from members on locating various components it looks like the provider has given up. I know that they had several issues with finding the correct mounting lugs and then receiving the wrong ones last time I spoke with them.

The last few attempts to find out where this was at in process have not been answered. No response at all.

So I regret to say it's over, at least for this attempt. I know there was a fair bit of interest this time and more than likely be more in the future. The upgrade cables are a great improvement.

Sorry folks.

Mike