IGNORED

Fighting the good fight....

YamahaWoodsey

I got my new A1C back and it was GREAT ... Lost over 80 lbs and off over half my meds .. It was a long hard Battle and I'm still fighting . My last A1C was 13.6 and the average is between 0.4 to 6.0 but now I got it down to Drum Roll Please .. 5.09 and my Triglycerides was up over 500 that's Heart attack and Stroke range but I'm really proud to say this last report came back really Great . My Kidneys took a beating and it was elevated some what but Doc said this would come down to as I progress with my diet and exercise . Diabetes is a bad disease and I see it everyday for I work at the Hospital and Plus I'm Diabetic . Just wanted to share this . Thanks for listening

Yah! I know EXACTLY what you are going thru! I'm a type 2 thanks in part to exposure to agent orange in Viet Nam. I'm keeping my numbers pretty muxch under control except my weight. Recently diagnosed with Stage 3 kidney disease but last week's checkup things are under control and normal. You are right, Diabetes is a cruel disease...

Wow thats incredible. keep up the good work.

When I was a kid I weighed 245lbs. had a 44in. waist, High cholesterol( hereditary in my family) dad had a stroke at my age now. Lost the weight started excercise and have avoided a lot of the problems of a lot of my friends. Good luck and keep it up!

:thumbsup2:

I got my new A1C back and it was GREAT ... Lost over 80 lbs and off over half my meds .. It was a long hard Battle and I'm still fighting . My last A1C was 13.6 and the average is between 0.4 to 6.0 but now I got it down to Drum Roll Please .. 5.09 and my Triglycerides was up over 500 that's Heart attack and Stroke range but I'm really proud to say this last report came back really Great . My Kidneys took a beating and it was elevated some what but Doc said this would come down to as I progress with my diet and exercise . Diabetes is a bad disease and I see it everyday for I work at the Hospital and Plus I'm Diabetic . Just wanted to share this . Thanks for listening

You are fighting the good fight and winning as well.I have been in the same fight as well though I didn't start in as big a hole as you. Keep up the good work and you will see long lasting health benefits.

i to am a diabetic and yes it can be a struggle. congrads to your sucess. keep it up. every time i start to get discuraged i just keep thing about not being able to ride and that gives me another boost. my doc. said that you are not on a diet but a change of eating habits. how true that is. i know what you have to deal with and will be thinking of you as you progress.:bighug:

great news im not diabetic but my dad is and he wont listen anymore but at 76 who does mom has it to she is type2 takes no meds keeps everything under control thru diet and exersize and she is a young 66 heck 2 days after her stints were put in she was up and running against doc orders doc still shaking his head in disbelief at her recovery just keep it up and you will be out running the 20 something kkids soon :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo

CONGRATS Jeff. I don't know how you guys do it with the diet. I take a little pride in coming back from my injuries but eatingis my downfall. 238 lbs yesterday.Gym don't take weight off!!I do like to eat!! And a BIG Greasy BURGER is my favorite!! Large Fries with it please..... Back to the gym!!

Well it's really tough at first changing your eating habits but after awhile I can honestly say that I don't miss it ..... I went from 303 lbs. and now I'm 225 .... I traded a whole Pizza for a bag of carrots and no it don't taste the same but ... I feel a whole lot better than I did ... Yeah I know I don't LOOK any better :farmer: LOL ..... I'd rather feel better and Ride .. Than Feel bad and Die ....

Runs in my family to mom is type 1 brother is type 2 they keep a close eye on me since fighting cancer 3 years ago had a real bad year 2012 back up to 300 can't wait to get out in the nice weather start the garden and get moving again I had lost 70 pounds 4 yrs ago and felt great have to do it again so I can aviod the diabetes.