IGNORED

Height challenged passenger

Cheesehead in flatland

My wife is 5 feet and I'm, 5ft 8 in and we still have not found a solution. We have experimented with a 4 to 6 in piece of thick foam that gives the lift but then the wind buffering is too much for the passenger.

The only solution I can think of is a huge, huge shield or some how lower the driver seat but the diver seat don't have much capacity to be lower too much.

In a previous thead that I started to address the same issue one reply was "do you really want a back seat driver on a motorcycle."

I wonder if you send your seat into the Butt Buttler to get it lowered for you if he can at the same time raise her perch any.

If her seat is raised 2 inches and yours is lowered an inch or two that might do it.

As far as the wind buffeting, the top her head will not be any higher than a passenger that is a coulpe inches taller.

You won't like my solution, so...

Okay, here goes, but I told you that you wouldn't like it.

I am 5'11", and my wife is exactly 5'0". She can see perfectly down the road, because...she rides her own bikes, and will not ride behind me.

Problem solved !

My wife is 4'11", can't see anything ahead. But she has said that it probably is better not seeing whats coming cause not much she can do about it.

She looks off to sides and takes pictures.

Not a lot you can do to get a shorter person up higher that wouldn't effect the center of gravity at a minimum. If you put a 'booster' seat under her, then her reach to pegs will be altered.

Gary

My wife is 4'11", can't see anything ahead. But she has said that it probably is better not seeing whats coming cause not much she can do about it.

She looks off to sides and takes pictures.

Not a lot you can do to get a shorter person up higher that wouldn't effect the center of gravity at a minimum. If you put a 'booster' seat under her, then her reach to pegs will be altered.

Well you just boosted the spirits of my girl, she now knows that she is taller than someone else being 5' nothing. :big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Guest tx2sturgis
Good one! Maybe we could make some money with that idea!! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

UP PERISCOPE!

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/22001023/images/6906_main.jpg

I would ask how much higher she wants to be? with her seated on the rear and at park add some foam or small pillows under her until she likes the height. I agree I wouldn't go too much, once you figure out what she needs you could pull the back seat, slip off the cover and build up the foam and then put the cover back on. An air pillow that sits ontop may be a good solution for her.

Duh.

Welcome to motorcycles. :p

Duh Sidecar :whistling:

But seriously we have the same situation I'm 6'3'' and the wife is 5'3'' but she never complains. She takes a lot of pictures and shows me things I never see because I'm concentrating on our ride and safety. If it's something really cool she will tap me on the shoulder and ask "did you see that" and sometimes we make a uturn and check it out. When we get our pictures on the computer we share the ride all over again. My suggestion would be to get her into taking pictures lots of pictures because they won't all turn out and a SD card will hold a bunch. When she shares what she has seen that you didn't see she will feel like she made a contribution to your ride and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You have to work on there feminine side and think a lil outside the box. Just don't let her know what your doing because then it might not work you know how wimmen are.:080402gudl_prv:

I have a similar situation with me and my girl, I am 6' 2" and she 5' nothing.

Been there myself. A gal I used to date was 4'11". I was 6'3". Good Lord I lost count of how many times I'd turn around and elbow that poor girl in the head.

Never could get her on a bike, but she sure liked wearing a helmet.

Guest tx2sturgis
I lost count of how many times I'd turn around and elbow that poor girl in the head.

Never could get her on a bike, but she sure liked wearing a helmet.

:crackup::rotf:

Guest tx2sturgis
Duh Sidecar :whistling:

But seriously we have the same situation I'm 6'3'' and the wife is 5'3'' but she never complains.

:p

Yeah the sidecar monkey can see almost everything the sidecar driver can see.

When I see a couple riding on a motorcycle and the female passenger is towering over the riders head, it just looks weird to me. But, thats not what matters.

The gal is supposed to be about the same height, more or less, when seated on the pillion, so she can whisper (or scream!) in your ear! (or intercom!)

:smile5: