IGNORED

No Mo Ammo

Yama Mama

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is a real shortage of anything. Someone says they are running out of toilet paper so everyone rushes down and buys all they can and guess what, they run out of toilet paper. Someone says they are running out of gas so everyone rushes down and gets in line to buy as much as they can and guess what, they run out of gas. Someone says they are running out of ammo so everyone buys up all they can and guess what, they run out of ammo. 6 months later there is lots of toilet paper, gas and ammo. I just hope the gougers get stuck with a large supply of stuff they don't need and can't use.

I deleted the origional message I had this morning but felt the need to share my thoughts.

We are spending a lot of time discussing where to get "this" or "that".

Perhaps, just perhaps, we should individually take a couple of minutes to compose a letter of what we are experiencing and what we would like to see to our elected officials do about it.

I won't share my opinion, but, I'm pretty sure you all know where I stand on this.

Please take the time and send the president/vice president, senators, representatives, and governors the same short letter. It's as simple as cut and paste.

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

I did.

I deleted the origional message I had this morning but felt the need to share my thoughts.

We are spending a lot of time discussing where to get "this" or "that".

Perhaps, just perhaps, we should individually take a couple of minutes to compose a letter of what we are experiencing and what we would like to see to our elected officials do about it.

I won't share my opinion, but, I'm pretty sure you all know where I stand on this.

Please take the time and send the president/vice president, senators, representatives, and governors the same short letter. It's as simple as cut and paste.

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

I did.

:sign yeah that: My represenitives staff know my voice now.

we are having some what tha same problem i don,t know how wide spread it is as i have only checked a few places.ower ammo comes from the same places as yours. very little 22rf just a few boxes of the strang stuff no bricks. the ansser i got was just the time of year. they have been out sinc end of jan . i have much of what i need other than 45 auto .

we all so have problems with fire armes lows . what i have here is a question who has the last say on fire arms lows state or feds? can the states tell the feds to stick it or not? here all long guns semy outo five rounds that includes sks with fixed mags but not m1 grand. hand guns ten max. if semy outo.

w...who has the last say on fire arms lows state or feds?

There isn't a cut and dried answer to your question.

It's generally accepted that the feds only have jurisdiction over foreign and interstate commerce. So they can ban the importation or interstate sale of certain things, but not interfere with something entirely within the bounds of an individual state.

The courts have allowed the feds significant latitude with that rule. For instance, the feds might ban the manufacture and sale of large capacity magazines within a state on the presumption that the magazines would likely work their way out of state. That kind of rationale is often accepted by the courts.

On the other hand, the Supreme Court has ruled that the second amendment to our constitution guarantees an individual right to own firearms and that right cannot be unduly infringed by state and local governments.

If this sounds convoluted, it's by design. Our founders designed our government to be conflicted internally in the hope that no part would become powerful enough to suppress liberty.

Edited by MiCarl

There isn't a cut and dried answer to your question.

It's generally accepted that the feds only have jurisdiction over foreign and interstate commerce. So they can ban the importation or interstate sale of certain things, but not interfere with something entirely within the bounds of an individual state.

The courts have allowed the feds significant latitude with that rule. For instance, the feds might ban the manufacture and sale of large capacity magazines within a state on the presumption that the magazines would likely work their way out of state. That kind of rationale is often accepted by the courts.

On the other hand, the Supreme Court has ruled that the second amendment to our constitution guarantees an individual right to own firearms and that right cannot be unduly infringed by state and local governments.

If this sounds convoluted, it's by design. Our founders designed our government to be conflicted internally in the hope that no part would become powerful enough to suppress liberty.

And that is if the Commerce clause is even invoked.

SCOTUS has allowed even greater latitude to the Federal Government to pass laws that are designed to improve public safety.

All the States currently rushing to make laws wrt guns manufactured in-state, and not leaving the state might find they are sol.

I actually walked into my gun dealer today and he had a supply of Independence 223 and 5.56 (MADE BY FEDERAL, BRASS, 55 GRAIN BT) Works great in my AR-15. Five box limit but price was reasonable. I keep about 1000 rounds of everything I shoot so it was nice finding this. Picked up 100 rounds while I could.

ALSO..Went to my other dealer and he had a large supply of Magpul 30 round PMags. Two weeks ago he was selling what he could get for $60. I bought before the election for $18. He was selling for $25. Things are getting a "LITTLE" better for now unless POTUS speaks again.

Long Tall

Speaking of NO MO did you see where MO. they introduced a bill where they will make you turn in your weapons or you go to jail. MInn. is heading in the same direction.

The silet majority better get off its ASS.

The Dems in this state are working on all kinds of anti-gun bills. This is a majority Republican state, so none stand much chance of passing. I stay in touch with my state and federal legislators quite often about these anti-2nd amendment bills.

My question is if they are going to make you turn your gun in are they going to pay you fair market value for it?

This will never happen anytime soon I think. What I am concerned with is the the idiots in DC come up with a law that forces everyone to "register" their weapons. They do not need to know what I have and own. Registration is first step to Confiscation.....

Just saying....

Long Tall

Went to a new range yesterday and I saw where you had to use their ammo (if you did not have "total jacket" ... (total jacket only - No lead range).. Ok no biggie..

I actually learned the difference between full metal jacket and total metal jacket.

Then as I watched another guy getting ready to leave, they told him he had to shoot all he bought that day on the range. He could not take it home... WHAT.

Then I read the sign at the register. "Ammo sales only for range. No ammo available for purchasing and leaving."

I,m not sure how I feel about that.... Buy their ammo... plenty for their range but none for us to take home...

Went to a new range yesterday and I saw where you had to use their ammo (if you did not have "total jacket" ... (total jacket only - No lead range).. Ok no biggie..

I actually learned the difference between full metal jacket and total metal jacket.

Then as I watched another guy getting ready to leave, they told him he had to shoot all he bought that day on the range. He could not take it home... WHAT.

Then I read the sign at the register. "Ammo sales only for range. No ammo available for purchasing and leaving."

I,m not sure how I feel about that.... Buy their ammo... plenty for their range but none for us to take home...

I suspect they want the FMJ because it holds the slug together. Less lead dust and maybe easier on the back stop too.

It sounds like ammo is scarce which would have a negative impact on range business. They're using their supply of ammo to support the range business.

In a way I can see that.

Ammo is so scarce that people would come in buy a bunch, shoot 1 round and take the rest home. Their ammo supply would be wiped out just like everyone else and they would have none left to bring people into their range.

As far as the type of ammo, there are more and more indoor ranges trying to reduce the amount of lead dust in the air.