IGNORED

Six foot three \ will he fit?

Marcarl

Got a 'friend' well I don't know him yet, but my wife is working on that seeing as his wife is a friend of hers. So,,, I got a friend who is supposedly 6'3" and is looking to buy a new (to him) bike. The reason being is that his wife likes to ride with him and the present bike he owns, although he loves it and it's a Yamaha, will not accommodate her very well. So how does a 6'3" person fit on a Venture? Any modifications necessary to make it comfortable.

I agree. If you are talking about a second gen. I've owned many bikes and the RSV fits me and my long legs better than any I've ever owned. I was NOT as comfortable on the first gen but opinions vary about that. Condor is taller than me and says that the first gen fits him perfectly.

My friend back in Illinois is 6'7" (state trooper) and he rides a 04 Venture along with his wife who is only 5'3" and loves it. His friends call him and his wife Mutt & Jeff, only his friends. When he walks into a place people pay attention.

He'll be just fine. I am 6'4" (fairly full sized) and my lovely bride is 5'7" (much more petite) and we both ride very comfortably on a 2000 RSV - the fastest Red color, of course.

We have taken several 1000+ miles trips with no ill effects.

The fit was one of the reasons I bought the Venture. Was almost set on getting a BMW LT, but the foot pegs are too far back and it just wasn't as comfortable.

Also, if he has extra long legs, he can get offset highway pegs that will let him stretch out as much as he would like.

I believe the Venture is one of the few cruisers that fit tall folks better than standard height folks. Kind of nice being normal for a change.

Your friend will not regret his desicion to buy a Venture.

RR

I'm six foot one -- not that much shorter -- and the Venture is the most comfortable bike I've owned. The only serious bike out there that I can think of that offers more room is the Victory Vision, which costs more, and you've got to like that particular style first -- some do, some don't.

I am 6' 7" and never felt uncomfortable on my 87 VR. I guess it is something you adapt to since I have a ZR-1 Corvette and a 300 ZX. While they are not as spacious as an SUV, I still love driving them.

So unless this person is picky about such things, I'd think he could be very comfortable riding a 1st Gen.

I'm only 5'10 but a lot of it is legs. The Venture is more comfortable than any of the other tourers for me. Wings, Beemers and others (even my 1st gen when it had floorboards) I've tried are usually a little cramped for my legs. I'm sure that'd be even worse for a 6+ footer. The Venture is roomy and comfortable, even for larger riders. Most comfortable we've found for the Mrs too. She didn't even like riding before we got the RSV, now she's the one initiating trip planning!

I'm 6'5 with a lot of my height in my upper body. The Venture fits me nicely. I did install a backrest (Utopia) but had to take it off right away. It pushed me forward just enough and my knees were hitting the end of the bars as I was turning.

I'm 6'5 with a lot of my height in my upper body. The Venture fits me nicely. I did install a backrest (Utopia) but had to take it off right away. It pushed me forward just enough and my knees were hitting the end of the bars as I was turning.

The first Venture that I rode had a back rest and I felt the same way about it pushing me forward.

now i'm gonna give it a test i just went on a date with a girl thats 6'1" now i'm worried if this works out will we both fit i might need to get that new victory after all it's the only other bike i found thats got more room than the 2nd gen venture

Height isn't always all legs. I'm 6' 1" & my knees wanted to rub on the front bags. It was close, but ok.

Those 'extended' highway pegs would be a blessing.

I am 6'7 and my lovely wife is 5'1 on a good hair day. We have no problems, And I am not a small person.So the 2nd gen is the most comfortable bike we have ever been on. Good Luck with your friend.

Sorry Bob - was ALL of your post to do with fitting a 2nd Gen, or is there some personal stuff in there you didn't mean to share?:rotf::rotf::rotf: