IGNORED

Mother did it

Marcarl

He sure did do'd it. Was laying down for my after lunch snoozer when there's a knock on the door and I think it must be a boozer, but in reality there stood Mother!!!!!out in the cold so I let him in,,,,, least thing one could do for somebody's Mother. Actually I think he wanted to see how Scamper and Blondie were making out with Little Tike but then when we got to where the action was, we forgot all about Little Tike and talked only of the heart and legs of Scamper and how to get Blondie to communicate better. He also brought some surgical tools with him and said that it would work better and easier than a large screwdriver and sledgehammer so I graciously accepted the donation for the operation of the respiratory apparatus. After that, he threatened to clean out my shop with all the meat he bought, but I suppose he was just thinking that the weather may be getting worse and he may need some more weight for traction. I thought to slow him down a bit on his purchases, but then thought of how much Ohhhhh Sherry would appreciate the gifts of love and so decline to voice my concern. Sure is nice to have such folks doing things for each other, Thanks Mother.

Carl

He sure did do'd it. Was laying down for my after lunch snoozer when there's a knock on the door and I think it must be a boozer, but in reality there stood Mother!!!!!

...hope he doesn't know where I live.

that would have scared me too having somebody that size knocking at my door in the middle of the day, but he was silly enough to let me in.

coffee was hot, so we marched out and found Scamper and Blondie naked in their room. they look like they are keeping each other warm during this cold spell.

Carl gave me a quick peek at Scampers bottom end, not a pretty site.

always glad to visit a friend and hope the respiratory procedure on the couple goes well.

we will be having peameal for breakfast, pork chops for lunch, and steak for supper.

the pepperettes kept me company on the way home, there were a few left for a snack later.

cheers, Scott

For those of us unaccustomed Americans, peameal is essentially what we call Canadian bacon. I don't get it either.

RR

I had one hell of a shock when I ordered Canadian Bacon over there for the 1st time. God a piece or round meat about the size of sliced salami :confused24: I know better now :)

Ok, lets clear this up as I understand bacon....

peameal is Canadian Back bacon with a coating of cornmeal. I dont like it but I do like back bacon. Back bacon is round and to me resembles ham. You find it most on eggs benedict.

Normal bacon is just like everyone else eats....straight cut with lots of fat and lots of flavour....smoked, honey, maple......hmmm the best on a burger or BLT.

I am gonna duck now......:)

Canadian Back Bacon: pork back muscle, no fat, cured, smoked and cooked, best fried in some butter and can be eaten with anything, but mostly used with cackle berries. It is the chocolate of ham. Pictured on the left.

Peameal Bacon: pork back muscle, no fat, cured and then rolled in yellow cornmeal, needs to be cooked, sliced thin and fried it's great with cackle berries or can be cut thicker and then grilled to eat on a bun. Pictured on the right.

Canadian Back Bacon: pork back muscle, no fat, cured, smoked and cooked, best fried in some butter and can be eaten with anything, but mostly used with cackle berries. It is the chocolate of ham. Pictured on the left.

Peameal Bacon: pork back muscle, no fat, cured and then rolled in yellow cornmeal, needs to be cooked, sliced thin and fried it's great with cackle berries or can be cut thicker and then grilled to eat on a bun. Pictured on the right.

Last summer I got some Peameal Bacon sliced thick from Carl for a BBQ party. Mozzerella Cheese melted on it and put in a fresh bun. The BEST combo we like. All the folks that were here loved it. If you havn't tried it you should.

I shouldn't have started... now my mouths watering and it's freezing outside... gotta wait... gotta wait.. another couple months of this.. hmmm... will I stay sane?

:stickinouttounge:

OK, everyone, breakfast at Carl's.:thumbsup: :rotf::rotf:

:canada::7_6_3[1]::canada: