IGNORED

What MC jack for the RSV?

Looking to replace my Larin MC jack (MAL-2C). The jack bottle died, second one to do that. (but must admit it does not get used often) Also, the balance with the Venture on it is very poor, actually downright scarry.

Seems to be a toss up between the Pit Bull and the J&S.

Want something sturdy, good balance with a Venture in the air, and good warranty.

I do alerady have Carbon One's adapter.

I may see what's at the IMS this weekend in Atlanta.

Suggestions? Thanks, Mike G

I have the yellow Craftsman job. When I bought it I got it on sale and it was only like $10-15 bucks more than the red and it has a higher capacity if I remember rite. You do know the jacks on most are rebuildable? If not you can usually replace just the bottle jack.

My next one will likely be the Pitbull. There is a video on youtube that someone from this site posted showing his RSV on the pitbull. VERY stable without even strapping it down. Even with my Wing strapped down on my red Craftsman, it isn't as stable as I would prefer.

I have also seen video of a guy jacking up a Harley dresser on a pitbull, not tied down, and then climbing up onto the bike with it up in the air. Stable as a rock. Very impressive.

I need to start rat-holing some funds to get one.

i use the yellow hf one and get real nervous when i have to bring it down moves too fast for me

Spike 13-- If you will push the pedal ALL the way down quickly, it will lower MUCH more slowly. Took me a while to figger this out, but it is way less stressful coming down. There are actually 2 speeds here. It takes some getting used to, but works fine.

give it a try.

Bert

I would say that alot of the stability in the different jacks we use has to be with the width of the wheels apart and the wheel base of the jack. But my yellow crafstman works OK for me. I sure as heck aint going to get on it with it in the air though.

• 1 month later...

I bought the yellow Craftstman

I went and looked at Harbor Freight and Sears. Jacks are the same price BUT,

If you go on line, I got the Yellow Aluminum better Sears Jack for $169.99 buy getting it on line.

I used in store pick up (free option) and i had it the day I bought it (And saved $30.00 over buying it in the store)

Right now Harbor freight has their better jack on sale, for $5.00 MORE than I just paid for my Sears jack.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the yellow aluminum Sears jack and I'm happy with it. I used 4 hockey pucks and notched one out for the side stand switch to fit into. It takes a few minutes to get it all set up correctly, then a few pumps and she's up in the air. It has a very controllable lowing system as well. I've had my RSV on it in the air for a week now and trust it without straps. It WILL teeter front to rear though if which is A little sketchy.

• 11 months later...
I've had my J&S for about 6 years now and very pleased with the performance. If you want stability and ease of use, J&S is the one.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/26/a6u4yvu5.jpg

Which model do you use? I had the J&S jack but returned it because although it did go up and it was very easy to use, it did not seem to go up evenly and I was having some difficulty knowing exactly where to place the arms. Can you please PM or email some close up pics of how you set it up.

My bike has a rear lowering kit, and that may be also the reason...

I bought my Craftsman jack for my 900 Vulcan when I had it. First thing was the jack its self wasnt going to work. So long before I knew anything about a carbon 1 adapter I built a simular unit for the Kawi. I modified it a tad to use with the Venture.

• 2 weeks later...
Which model do you use? I had the J&S jack but returned it because although it did go up and it was very easy to use, it did not seem to go up evenly and I was having some difficulty knowing exactly where to place the arms. Can you please PM or email some close up pics of how you set it up.

My bike has a rear lowering kit, and that may be also the reason...

I will send you close up pics of the jack. Not sure what model jack it is, but I think they only have one type at the time I placed my order.

Sorry for the late response. Just saw this message. Need to subscribe to the thread. 👀

FYI. I have the Carbon One adapter on the pic.

Yellow. Spend the extra money. It is much more sturdy.

RR

I have the red Craftsman and a Carbon 1 like adapter, works well. It doesn't frighten me, but could be a bit more sturdy. If the Yellow is better spend the extra.

I will send you close up pics of the jack. Not sure what model jack it is, but I think they only have one type at the time I placed my order.

Sorry for the late response. Just saw this message. Need to subscribe to the thread. 👀

FYI. I have the Carbon One adapter on the pic.

Here is my jack. I am sure you will love this jack from J&S. 👍

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/16/re6e4u9a.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/16/ma6ydybu.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/16/tubu7a8y.jpg