IGNORED

Need a little help......

The story: Left the Ipod on the bike last week. Yesterday the battery was dead. I put a slow charge for 6 hours on the battery and all seems well today.

The problem: How do I reset the Audio Controller (left handlebar) so that it will allow me to play my Ipod using the Aux jack on the cassette player?

I know the answer is probably very simple but the last time I did this was a few years ago and my memory fails me....and the Service Manual is NO help at all !!

Regards and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this!

Boomer....the not-so high tech guy.:confused24:

It's actually the "Audio" button that changes the radio from AM to FM to Cassette to AUX. Far left button.

BOO

The Controller reads "AU" now but still nothing with the Ipod tunes....:confused24:

Boomer....who sez this could result in "tunes withdrawal".....:shock3:

The Controller reads "AU" now but still nothing with the Ipod tunes....:confused24:

Boomer....who sez this could result in "tunes withdrawal".....:shock3:

d

Man I don't know what you got going on there. You should be able to plug into the jack in the cassette player and set the controler on AUX and you should be good to go.

Does the rest of your radio work okay?

BOO

Should you not be on CASS for playing a ipod thru an cassette adapter ? Also eject the adapter and reinsert it or flip it over?

He said that he's using the auxiliary jack that's on the face plate of the cassette player. That would require that the controller be on "aux".

Andy

Be sure that the volume is turned up on your Ipod.!

I can assure you that Boomer always has the volume just about as high as it will go, All the time.

Boomer I doubt you have it on AUX, as it should be and/or the HS (headsets could be on), keep hitting the buttons

BOOMER do not listen to Mr. Owl he is gonna steer you wrong and maybe not on purpose. :rotf:

Brad

d

Man I don't know what you got going on there. You should be able to plug into the jack in the cassette player and set the controler on AUX and you should be good to go.

Does the rest of your radio work okay?

BOO

That's how I use my wifes Ipod and my Walkman. Audio until you hit AUX. Make sure volume on Ipod is turned up all the way. If this does not work, there is another issue.

Edited by rickardracing

Thanks guys....I had the CB "ON" and the speakers in the "HS" mode and after pushing buttons for a while everything finally worked right.:cool10:

Boomer....who sez ya can hear me coming now....:whistling: :rotf:

Note: I wrote all dis crap down in case things git pooched up again.....grrrrrrrr.:stickinouttounge:

OK someone has to ask the obvious questions.

Is the Ipod turned on?

Is the Ipod battery charged?

Is the radio on the bike turned on?

I just last week had to drive 40 miles to service a laptop computer that would start and shut right back off. The power cord was connected to the laptop so it should have plenty of power. Once I got there, I plugged the charger into the wall and all was good.

Note: I wrote all dis crap down in case things git pooched up again.....grrrrrrrr.

So you wrote that down did you put in the 2nd gen Tech section ? Yah just never know someone just may have the exact same problem, :think: but I doubt it.

:rotf::rotf:

Brad

So you wrote that down did you put in the 2nd gen Tech section ? Yah just never know someone just may have the exact same problem, :think: but I doubt it.

:rotf::rotf:

Brad

There was really no procedure to follow. I simply turned off the CB and set the speaker mode to SP. Those were the 2 most useful tips the guys here offered.....I had already ruled out all the other possible problems as mentioned in this thread.

Boomer.....who sez pushing 3 buttons wuz purty easy once I had a few beers to help me focus....:whistling: