IGNORED

Explanation please?

BigBear

08 RSV - bought new in 2008.

For the first two years, I got > 44 MPG...one-up or two-up...didnt much matter.

Bought a Bushtec trailer, and rode up to TN (2-up)...got a steady 38 MPG uphill, downhill...headwind, tailwind.

For the next two years, I've gotten 38 MPH, 1-up, 2-up, with trailer, without trailer.

Two weeks ago, the fuel pump finally gave up the ghost. Yamaha dealer replaced the pump under warranty.

For the last 400 miles, I've averaged 45 MPG...1-up or 2-up.

For the life of me...I cant explain what bearing a fuel pump would have on my gas mileage!!! :confused24::confused24:

Any reasonable explanation(s) would be appreciated...

I was stuck on a fuel pump not moving enough fuel to the carbs...less fuel to carbs meaning MORE MPG...but then less fuel means less power...which means more twisted wrist....when leads to less MPG....

Anyone have any data on MPG with an RSV using gravity fed fuel (no fuel pump)?

Hmmm ?? Maby you have changed the tires since then, and now have lower rolling resistance ???

Maby you have lost some weight !!! ???

Maby you have been buying different fuel ??

Anyway, it " Ain't " going to make much difference, so just enyoy the ride :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

I agree with the others that the old fuel pump was not putting the fuel to the carbs as it should have.

I have gotten 45 mpg ever since my bike was new. Some thought that there was no way, and or I did the checking wrong. But, just as yousound like you did, I carefully checked it several times. I do have after market louder open pipes and I did a K&N air filter and synced my carbs.

If the bike is not smoothly running, a carb sync would be good to. But if you feel nothing at all in the way the engine runs, then do not worry about the carb sync.

Fuzzy