IGNORED

Where were you

playboy

I was working at Bridgestone Firestone on this day, many of us had a lot on our mind as our plant was closing and we were looking for new jobs the future uncertain for many. Many of us in Maintenance were veterans and I remember it took awhile to soak in as we were all in Disbelief. Many went off for awhile on their own, I remember driving home with tears in my eyes. May god continue to bless and comfort everyone both living and passed that have made sacrifices from that day forward. And may he give us the tools to rain vengence down on those that would so cowardly committ such acts on Innocent people...I will never forget!!!

I was working in the basement of the Borden Building in Downtown Columbus, servicing some computer room cooling equipment. Thought the first one was an accident until the second one hit.

Qwest communications (whose equipment I was working on) made all outside contractors leave the premises, since they handled government communications, and wanted to remove any potential security risks.

Had a hard time getting through to work to find out where I should go next because the cell phone lines were overloaded. I had to go to a pay phone to get through.

It wasn't until later that day that the gravity of it hit.

Couldn't do much but bow my head and say a silent prayer for the dead / dying.

That was living history for us all.

Edited by uncledj
mis spelled word

I was out of town working nights. My son called me from high school. He insisted that I turn on the TV and was babbling something about an attack and a plane hitting the World Trade Center. I turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane hit the second tower.

A friend of mine was a NYC policeman at the time. He was downtown testifying in court when the attack came. He was nearly killed several times as the various buildings came down. He's retired now, but his health has been negatively affected due to all the airborne debris. I think he spent a month at Ground Zero looking for remains.

I can still see the that plane and I can still see those towers falling, and I still get angry. I pray a lot more these days; probably still not as much as I should, but certainly more than back then. And I also pray that the Good Lord will allow me the privilege of standing between evil and the innocent one more time.

Good post Playboy,

I remember the track I was hauling off of that morning, I didn't want

to leave the radio to load my truck. Just could not believe what was

happening. Hauled that load and came home to check on everyone.

A sad and dark day for our country for sure, and so many lost and suffering.

yammer' will never forget

I was working in church that morning. My cousin calledd me on the phone and told me as being it was a church no radios were alowed. I thought it was a bad joke he was playing and then the preacher walke din and told us. Bing as this was the chapel and under construction no one but construction personal was alowwed. that rule was suspended for the day. The entire church showed up and prayed all day.

David

Had just got to work at the Northwest Airlines hanger Sea Tac Airport. Everybody glued to TV watching planes crash.

We spent the rest of the day Securing what Aircraft were on the ground at Seattle.

A couple of flights arrived from across the Pacific, but other then that, Everything was grounded. Was very erie, spending the day on the ramp of a major airport, with NO planes comeing or going !!

We basicly " securied " everything, and waited, for what? nobody knew. Now and then a military Jet flew over the area. That was very disconcerting, to say the least. !! :depressed:

I had just finished P.T. and was on my way to my rigging shop to prepare some engineer bulldozers and road graders for air drop later in the day. I heard about the first plane on the radio and thought it was an accident. By the time I got to the shop word of the second plane was on the radio.

I left my clerk to get updates and gathered the engineers in a formation. I told them to contact their units and be prepared to leave at any moment. When I got more information I passed it on to my soldiers and the engineers. I told the engineers to report to thier units and that I was responsibile for canceling their drops if anyone asked. I didn't have the authority but I knew that since we were all in shock it would take awhile for word to filter down but there would be no training that day.

The last thing I told the engineers before they left was "From this day forward we are at war".

The odd thing is the day before I was preparing for my anniversary and left work a little early. My Commander wanted some info that was already on his desk and I had to turn around to present it to him even though my senior was there to brief it. I was so mad that I actually told my senior. "Hell it wasn't even that important. It's not like we are going to war tomorrow". To this day even though I'm retired and we are good friends and riding buddies he still brings it up.

I was in a managers office conducting some union business when another manager came in and said a plane hit the WTC. We assumed that it may have been an errant Cessna type plane from one of the surrounding airports and a few minutes later we wrapped up the meeting and I headed to my office. There were about 20 people glued to the tv and I walked in at about the time the 2nd plane struck. It was then that we knew we were under attack. We were in shock the rest of the day.

I also remember delivering construction materials to the WTC back in the 70's when it was still going up.

Home getting ready for work, watched the second plane hit live on TV with the wife and then was called to take the patrol boat out and sit behind the water company. I asked my boss why I was sitting on the river with a boat and a .40 cal pistol. The powers to be were advised to protect vital infastructure. It was erie lookin up and not seeing a plane in the sky, all I had was a old transistor radio.

My brother in law was at a hotel and had a breakfast meeting, they were finishing up and the group was scheduled to attend a seminar scheduled at the WTC later that morning. Rental cars were in short supply and so a group rented a van and drove back west to with several stops along the way to drop co workers off.

I was working at Bradshaw State Prison, on the Trusty squad. One of the other officers got on the radio and told us of the 1st plane. We found a television and saw the 2nd plane hit.

We got word from Commander to bring all prisoners in and went on lockdown for 7 days.

The prisoners stayed glued to the televisions, all set on the coverage, not one sports channel on any tv. That was the quietest I have ever heard a prison, , ,no noise.

Many of the prisoners requested addresses to send part of their commissary money to help the victims.

The worst part of it for me was that, before 1st retirement, I used to work out of an office in Tower 2. I was an Investigator for fed agencies for many years and would work in New York several months a year. A couple of years earlier and I could have been there.

I have, purposedly, not looked at names of the victims. I want to know in my mind, that all of the ones I knew got out alive.

The part that bothers me more than ANYTHING, , , is that some in our government are now trying to make "nice" with the people that planned and financed all of this and more.

When we proved who was in on this, the carpet bombing in VietNAm should have looked like a birthday party.

No nation, people, or religious order that had a part in this massacre should be untouched.

Just my opinion. Yours may vary, but that's ok too.

I had just finished running errands that morning when I heard the report on my car radio. I immediately drove to our local Elementary School and signed my 2 boys out and brought them home with me. Within minutes of turning on the TV I saw the 2nd plane slam into the 2nd Tower. At that point I got my guns and ammo out of my safe locker....and made darn sure the wife was on her way home from work too.

I lost several friends who worked in Tower 1 and the Pentagon....They will never be forgotten....And I for one will NEVER forgive the treachery of that attack.

Lucky for the perps I was not President because the release of nuclear weapons would surely have been authorized.

Boomer....who sez sand makes for pretty glass.:cool10:

Like most, I was at work.

Heard about it then set up a TV in the cafeteria about the time the first building dropped. We all knew the world changed that day. I imagine, similar for our folks on 12/7/41.

My neice and her husband were in NYC and had purchased tickets to the WTC observation tower the day before for 9/11 morning. Fortunately,,, she was primping and they were running late. She posted the tickets on her FB yesterday. Yep, was not their time. Her husband has never complained about how long it takes to put on makeup again.

Mike G

I was at work at the Junior High School, and I was talking to one of the teachers.

When I saw it happen, I at first thought it was an accident. Of course, I would not think it was intentional. No one would make an attack on us on our own soil.

A day I know I will never forget.

Yama Mama