IGNORED

Thanks Isaac.

BigLenny

The last time I was on vacation was May of last year. I need a break. So, I spent the last 2 months planning a wonderful 2 week 4000 mile ride for my wife and I to begin this coming Friday, but, guess who's coming to dinner? ISAAC!

We were going to ride through Tennessee, ride The Dragon, and several other fabulous roads in the Smokey Mtn's, then ride all the way to the Outer Banks and spend a few days. Then, head up to Gettysburg, back through WV, Kentucky, and home.

I've been glued to the Weather Channel trying to get a read as to where Mr. Isaac is headed. Is it going more east, or more west? Well, I did a check while on my lunch today, and the freakin thing is now predicted after battering our friends to the south in La, and Ms, to head STRAIGHT AT US, dropping boat loads of rain and t-storms Thursday night, Friday, and Saturday. I've been mulling around the idea of leaving after work Thursday afternoon and ride as far as we can get going northeast toward Evansville In. to try and go around the top of it before it gets up that way. Not sure that's a good idea. the dang storm is so big it looks like it's going to sling t-storms full of rain all the way to NC for days.

Also have serious thought's of changing everything and leaving Thursday afternoon and heading west to Okla, Tx, NM, Co, Ut, and Ariz.

Hmmmm, what must I do.........

Pmelah, I feel for you folks down that way.

When Katrina came, the rest of the world heard mostly about New Orleans, but we who live in and around the south know that Pass Christian, Gulf Port, Biloxi, and that area got the *$#@ knocked of you. I know the flooding that happened in N.O. was certainly bad, but what happened to you folks in that area was total devastation.

Hope you don't experience anywhere near that this time.

You can head this way we aren't getting the storm at all. It's going up north. I say head out early thursday and head towards this area. Good luck on what ever you decide. Hope you get to go.If you do let us know when you are at the outer banks we live on the mainland side in northeastern NC.

Margaret

You can head this way we aren't getting the storm at all. It's going up north. I say head out early thursday and head towards this area. Good luck on what ever you decide. Hope you get to go.If you do let us know when you are at the outer banks we live on the mainland side in northeastern NC.

Margaret

Mini-Muffin,

Thanks for the offer. We'll holler at ya if we make it there.

Believe me, trying to convince my lovely beach and sun loving wife that going west where the lows are in the high 40's, low 50's is a good idea, well, lets just say it's kinda going over like a lead balloon. LOL.

However, the one thing we are both together on, is we don't wanna spend the first 3-4 days of our vacation dodging storms.

We'll make the final decision Wednesday evening. I'm seeing that this storm that is in the middle of the gulf is slinging pretty serious rain and wind 400 miles to its east all the way to the east side of Florida. If it continues doing that when it makes landfall, thats gonna be a bear to make it completely around before it gets to us.

We'll see.

Hello Lynn: Head out west. Has not rained here all summer. Love you meet you and your wife!!!!!!:)

Mark,

There is a strong possibility of that happening. I'll let you know if we head that way.

It would be real cool to meet y'all too.

All the best to you all.

You asked but I would leave as early as possible and go on your planned route. You can't go Wrong with the roads you selected.

We are in Tennessee and it is always too hot and the roads are incredible.

Brad

Head out today before that storm decides to move inland. Seems that Isaac is stalled a bit.

Margaret

Mini,

I can't leave until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. Still have client appointments to take care of tomorrow before leaving for vacation.

We're watching this closely. We are having more and more serious discussions about heading west and not worrying about having to dodge anything. The only hanging issue is, we're southerners who are used to and enjoy warmth this time of year, and my wife really has been looking forward to going to the Outer Banks. Also, we love how much history there is to stop and experience out east.

When you go out west, which we've done several times in cages, it's the earth and nature that truly steal the show. It's awe inspiring. But when you go out east, not only is there natural beauty to experience, but theres so much of the nations early history to learn about. We both like that.

I'm still saying we won't make the final decision until tomorrow when I can get a good forecast of whats going to happen with the weather in the east for the next 10 days.

We're watching this closely. We are having more and more serious discussions about heading west and not worrying about having to dodge anything. The only hanging issue is, we're southerners who are used to and enjoy warmth this time of year, and my wife really has been looking forward to going to the Outer Banks. Also, we love how much history there is to stop and experience out east.

When you go out west, which we've done several times in cages, it's the earth and nature that truly steal the show. It's awe inspiring. But when you go out east, not only is there natural beauty to experience, but theres so much of the nations early history to learn about. We both like that.

I'm still saying we won't make the final decision until tomorrow when I can get a good forecast of whats going to happen with the weather in the east for the next 10 days.

If you wind up going west and want some early history head over to Mesa Verde Co. just short ride from Durango Co.