IGNORED

So that's what it sounds like !

ragtop69gs

Ever since I bought my bike it's had Samson pipes on it that are on the LOUD side, I pulled them off and put the stock pipes back on and now can hear the engine and road noise :yikes: Things sure are quiet! I do have a little chirp coming from the clutch area, I don't think it's the whine so many complain about.

Were planning about 3000 miles with the International Rally being the start and thought it would be nice to actually hear the radio and CB without having to wear ear plugs all the time.

Ever since I bought my bike it's had Samson pipes on it that are on the LOUD side, I pulled them off and put the stock pipes back on and now can hear the engine and road noise :yikes: Things sure are quiet! I do have a little chirp coming from the clutch area, I don't think it's the whine so many complain about.

Were planning about 3000 miles with the International Rally being the start and thought it would be nice to actually hear the radio and CB without having to wear ear plugs all the time.

I know what you mean sometimes I think my pipes from the Harley are to loud. Then again sometimes not. Crusing not bad at all but when I get on it you know it.

:cool10::cool10: Joe

I have to agree Jay. Had the RK muffs on mine for a 2200 mile trip thru mountinas, super slab, backroads overall a good mix. Not terribly loud but enough so when I got home I put OEm back on.

I had samsons on mine when i bought it last year, to noisey this spring when i started riden, got me a set of stockers, love"m.havent figured out if the guy re jeted the carbs or not, only gettin 35 miles to the gallon, so i8 think they nmight be. check this fall whjen i get laidoff from work! yea ,im old dont care for the noise, couldn"t hear the radio.:)

Now you can ride up front for a change. :stirthepot:

Larry

Now come on Larry, I know they didn't bother you !

I seem to remember a saying once....let me see...Oh yeah:

If its to LOUD , your to OLD!!! LOL

:stirthepot:

30 + years in a stamping plant took some of my hearing, I don't need all that LOUD on my trip finishing the job. The samson's WILL go back on when I get home.

I had samsons on mine when i bought it last year, to noisey this spring when i started riden, got me a set of stockers, love"m.havent figured out if the guy re jeted the carbs or not, only gettin 35 miles to the gallon, so i8 think they nmight be. check this fall whjen i get laidoff from work! yea ,im old dont care for the noise, couldn"t hear the radio.:)

I have noticed that since I put the stockers back on I don't get decel popping anymore. As for MPG, I'm still working on my first full tank since the switch, I'll report back when I refill.

I have had quite a few different pipes on mine. Once I had straight pipes, that was LOUD. Have a set of RK drilled pipes, OEM, and turn downs. I have had the turn downs on for a while and done many long rides of 1000 miles or more. I am bout to change back to the rk pipes for my Sturgis trip. Maybe I will hear radio, intercom, and cb better lol.

everyone ride safe

I would give the Bub's on mine away for a set of stock oem's ...

I have had quite a few different pipes on mine. Once I had straight pipes, that was LOUD. Have a set of RK drilled pipes, OEM, and turn downs. I have had the turn downs on for a while and done many long rides of 1000 miles or more. I am bout to change back to the rk pipes for my Sturgis trip. Maybe I will hear radio, intercom, and cb better lol.

everyone ride safe

I seem to have gained 3 mpg by going back to stock pipes, this was a combination of city, hwy driving, pulling a trailer a little and then flying a 3x5 flag at highway speeds during a Patriot Guard mission. The decel popping I had with the Samsons is gone.