IGNORED

Fun with Wheel Well Moulding.

BuddyRich

I added the same auto trim to mine a long time ago.

I'm not sure if I got the idea from your old post before the crash, or from another site, cause I've seen other bikes with the stuff on them as well.

I put some around the edges between the lids and side bags and same on center trunk. That sure set them off.......looks good!

I put some on the air filter covers, (3) small pieces on each, but not near as much as you put on yours.

It looks like it took you some time to do the underside of your passenger floor boards.. You must have patients!

I ride, or leave mine down all the time anyway where you cant see the underside.

I've also added some chrome edgeing to the front fender edges..

Your right though, it is an inexpensive way to add chrome!

Hi how does it hold up being that it is just a double sided foam tape backer? Does it want to lift when going around tight corners or smaller areas like the air cleaner? Also on the side of the air cleaner where the splice would be do you glue them or tape them so they dont want to lift? I imagine that the straight pieces are easy and stay down nice, I was just wondering how it holds up on the smaller curved surfaces. I see so many cars with this stuff on and it seems like it lifts in spots and wants to pull off (unless they are just done wrong by the kids with the Fast and the Furious mufflers on their Dodge Neons as you know they go so much faster with those mufflers on that they just blow the chrome tape off. YEAH RIGHT!!)

Paul

I got it at PepBoys. The package said "Custom Chrome

Flexible Interior/Exterior Molding" clear package with a blue label and the picture of a taillight on it.

It 1/4 inch. They had 2 thickness so I got the thinner stuff. It helps to have the stuff very warm. it bends easier. Clean anything your goona use it on with Denatured Alcohol. I also used a small pair of side cutters to cut it a an angle

Paul, I did not use any glue, but I did form it for the tight curves. It didn't raise up yet. the trick is cleaning the surface so the 3m tape will stick. and formin it while its warm. Warm being like warming it with a hair dryer.

• 1 month later...

I guess we are on a roll. I did the same, except put it around gas tank edge, side covers and black edging around my windshield edge, also used the small chrome for my lower air deflector edges!!!!!!!!! Pic's comming soon !:cool10: :cool10: :cool10: :cool10: :cool10:

I guess we are on a roll. I did the same, except put it around gas tank edge, side covers and black edging around my windshield edge, also used the small chrome for my lower air deflector edges!!!!!!!!! Pic's comming soon !:cool10: :cool10: :cool10: :cool10: :cool10:

Great! I'd like to see those pics! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice Buddyrich. I like the 1/8 on the rear floorboards. Im thinking that the 1/8 might look sharp on the air cleaner covers too. Ill be pulling the bike apart soon for its major cleaning/polishing. Looks like ill be adding some moulding too.