IGNORED

How Acurate is the 1st Gen Speedo?

mine shows about 5 MPH faster than my GPS at higher speeds..like from 45 on up. At 20 - 40ish it is 3-4 MPH higher than GPS. Seems to stay at the 5MPH variance at least up to 95ish ... :whistling:

I don't know about how close they are, but I have a BLUE 1st gen that goes so fast the wartering of your eyes distort the speedo. That is from behind the windshield. just a side question, these 2nd gens you guys talk about, are they the ones i keep passing on the interstate?:stickpoke: :rotf:

Compared to my GPS the bike speedo reads 9% high at all speeds.

I never thought to check the odo.:think:

There is a stretch of highway near here with a measured 10 mile section. That is where I always used to check my speedo and odo before GPS was invented. At the 55 speed limit it should take 10 min and 55 seconds to cover the measured 10 miles and the odo should read exactly 10 miles. I'll have to see if the signs are still there.

I go by the tach with my 1st gen, 2nd gen DON'T HAVE ONE.... at 8200 rpm in 2nd gear it says I'm doing over 75 mph..........just checked it last Friday before she goes bye-bye......

You MIGHT ask Muffinman.....

never needed to jack mine up yet :rolleyes: but overall, mine with Venom X tires, pretty accurate, this is comparing from departure from my work, to home, using the route Google Maps dictated :) But I'd hazard there's a 1, or 2 mile discrepancy.

I will point out something lovely... in my area... I seem to be the only Venture rider, everyone else owning a Venture, drives a cage to work. :p

Given the time 1st Gens spend up on the jack being worked on, bike not moving, speedo reads 0, 100% accurate.

:shock3: Jack? Y'all seem a bit high tech to me. I just pick it up with one hand and flip the centerstand down with the other.:rotf:

Seriously, my 1st gen is minor maintenance and major fun!

When I replaced the speedo with another one years ago, it was three or four miles per hour off. I recalibrated it and it is only off one mph at 70 according to a stopwatch and my GPS.

RandyA

how do you recalibrate them ? :confused24: