IGNORED

My New Thumb Swtich Mount.

GolfVenture

I wanted to add a couple of new switches, but I wanted the switches to be accessible by my thumb without moving my hand.

Two push button switches.

1) for my Walmart special 55 watt really small lights that I hooked to the mirror brackets. This to get the attention of whom ever I feel the need to see me. Its a push switch. Push it, it is on. Let it go, it is off.

2) I plan on adding on a couple of rear white LEDS, with same kind of switch.

Edited by Golf&Venture

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those will grab people by the eyes! I have some similar for fog/running lights. I like the rearward facing idea, but be careful you don't flash them at law enforcement. At least here is SD it is a traffic offense to have a white light illuminated facing the rear, except for the license plate light. There are some highway patrol officers that are sticklers for this and make lots of stops.

Stay Safe.

Dave

Those will grab people by the eyes! I have some similar for fog/running lights. I like the rearward facing idea, but be careful you don't flash them at law enforcement. At least here is SD it is a traffic offense to have a white light illuminated facing the rear, except for the license plate light. There are some highway patrol officers that are sticklers for this and make lots of stops.

Stay Safe.

Dave

Ya, I know about the white lights facing backwards. I may do amber, or red. I want to get the attention of cars to the rear of me if needed but yet allowing the rest of limbs to control the bike. I have an alternating flasher (left, right, left, right) but thats probably illegal also.

I know that when people brake to tell the vehicle following to back off some times irritates them. I wonder how an amber light would be received. I would not want to get on the bad side of a cager.

RED for rear, because if you are stopping, you can hit the button also if you see that they are still not stopping.

I would add a toggle to link them to the brake as well if you wanted to have the "blind cager heat lamp" brake light mode.

How did you make the bracket for the switches?

Gary

I first made one all by hand and it was ok. When I showed it to my Goldwing machinest friend he found some flaws in it. He took some pictures and measurements and milled me this bracket. We made a few mods like milling around the horn button, milled the angles for added extra strength, milled for the screw so to take the bend out of mine.

It so cool how he progams his machine, and we just keep tweeking the program.

I plan on painting it but not sure if I want to paint it black for the buttons might be hard to see. Maybe a different shade of black.

I first made one all by hand and it was ok. When I showed it to my Goldwing machinest friend he found some flaws in it. He took some pictures and measurements and milled me this bracket. We made a few mods like milling around the horn button, milled the angles for added extra strength, milled for the screw so to take the bend out of mine.

It so cool how he progams his machine, and we just keep tweeking the program.

I plan on painting it but not sure if I want to paint it black for the buttons might be hard to see. Maybe a different shade of black.

I'm impressed! Looks very professional. What's your friend's name? He is quite the asset.

Painted it last night and installed it this morning.

Here is a picture.

I spoke to my friend and told him that there are 3 who are very interested and would like to know what he would charge to make some.

He said that being I'm going to be gone for awhile and retuning mid July to wait till then to see if more members might be interested.

So pass the word along.

I am very interested in one of these. I have instructions somewhere on how to convert a garage door opener using a button/switch. You can hide the opener and just push the button. This would be perfect for that.

Actually... I will need two..one for the 89 and one for the 87.

Bill :happy65:

It seems like there are members that might be interested in this item and are waiting to see what the price would be, and have not posted.

Well if you have just an interest, I would encourage each to post that you are interested and the quantity since some member have multi Ventures.

For example say we got 20 that were just interested. Then my friend would say for 20 he would make them for X amount each.

I would then relate that back to this group and ask how many want one for that amount. We would go from there until we could get a firm price for a specific quatity for some may drop out and then others may jump in.

So for those who are interested and have not expressed it, please do so on this thread.