IGNORED

Rain X ?

GolfVenture

I have. Works reasonably well but so does pledge. I've read in another thread that frequent use of RainX on stock windshields will cause them to darken - which is probably OK if you're looking for a tinted windshield. I find that water doesn't run off as quickly as on my car windshield but that may be because the windshield on the bike is more upright.

So there you have my experience.

Andy

I've been using Pledge but I rarely ride in the rain for I'm a fair weather rider. But Being that I'm going south from Washington to Oregon to Nevada & Arizona and then back, I want to be prepared for rain especially in Washington and Oregon. So that was why I was asking. I'll stick with pledge. Just one less thing to do.

I've been using Pledge but I rarely ride in the rain for I'm a fair weather rider. But Being that I'm going south from Washington to Oregon to Nevada & Arizona and then back, I want to be prepared for rain especially in Washington and Oregon. So that was why I was asking. I'll stick with pledge. Just one less thing to do.

Yes, that is right sir. The pledge will get you through. Cause as my experience as taught me, there is nothing that actually helps unless your running 55 - 60 mph in a slow mist. The hard rain will put you in under a gas station roof or on the side of the road to wait it out anyway if your smart.

Now for a 4 wheeling vehicle. The rain X is awesome. I used it on my pick up windshield for the first time in a down pouring rain on the way to Lake Cumberland pulling a boat at night (early morning 1 AM). I knew there where thunderstorms forecasted and possible tornadoes.

I told the other two fellows from church that also where going along for the fishing trip. I then past them on the interstate with no windshield wipers on. They said they could not see at all with their wipers on full blast. We had CBs in our vehicles.

A tornado was coming and we got off at a local filling station and they had locked up because of the weather, but let us in and everyone got into the back of the station for a while until the storm past. The tornado killed one in that area. It was about 10 years ago.

So that is my experience.

Fuzzy

Guest tx2sturgis

Standard RainX is for use on glass, not plastic. it will cause 'hazing' on most plastic.

The clearview windshields are approved for the use of Rainx. Its on their website and on th einstructions.

brian

I just recently installed a Clearview shield. And I do see the instruction.

"Can be Polished, Buffed, and is Safe to use Rain-X Original Clear Formula"

Word of warning with "Lemon Scented" furniture polish, it can attract bees! I am currently using Behold as I am alergic to Yellow Jackets. Furniture polish works great as it cleans the bugs off of your shield and as stated works like Rainex...

rain X is for glass, and from reports and others ic can ruin the film on your MC windshield...get a wax mad for plastic or use a good car wax that is made for clear coat...seems most here prefer pledge..

When I was the bike, I wax the windshield with the same wax. Works wonders not only for rain beading and leaving but bug gut clean off easier.

I used Rain-X once, and regret doing so.

I have a slight 'crazing' (sp? lol) that WON'T go away even after I polished it with plexiglass polish. I did get a lot of my scratches out, but that that other stuff won't come out.

It's not too bad for me to ride into the sun though, but I still regret doing it...

I occasionally use the rain x wipes that come in a little package like tissues. I only use it once in a while, I prefer the universal solvent for cleaning my windshield. I use water and lots of it then wipe the windshield dry using a lint free windshield cloth. about every 10th time I use a rain x wipe. this is on a 2007 Venture with stock Yamaha shield. I have seen no problems. Again at home I will soak a dish towel with waterand lay it across the windshield for 5-10 min shortly b4 I plan to head out then clean/dry uning a clean lint free cloth. On the road I just pour half a bottle of water over the windshield cleaning with you guessed it a clean lint free cloth, then dry it with another one. I am not sure the rain x does a lot for shedding rain, but maybe things would be worse if I wasn't using it.

Al

I emailed "Slipstreamer" to ask if I could use Rain-x or if I should stick to waxes like pledge.

..this is the response I got. Red font is just to highlight.

As for cleaning and Rain-X, you cannot use either of those products. The use of them will crack the shield. You must use products made for plastic only. We recommend our polish first since we developed it in house and use it every day. You can see in under Misc at Slipstreamer Motorcycle Accessories . Other okayed products include Plexus and Mirror Glaze by McGuire's.

Thanks/Safe riding,

Slipstreamer, Inc.

10820 Mankato St NE

Blaine, MN 55449

email: slipshield@aol.com

www.slipstreamer.com