IGNORED

Cigaratte Lighter Install ?

GolfVenture

Anyone buy one of these from ebay?

Where did you install it?

Any specific install instruction?

You might want to consider that it's not weather resistant. 12vdc power plugs are available at West Marine that are designed to stay dry. I have one on the '91VR that's installed in the upper right hand corner of the right side dash. I'll go take a pic as soon as things lighten up around here.... :)

My 09 has one installed on the left lower side of the fairing. I also installed another one (weather resistant type) on the right rear and attached it to the grab rail I think. So the nav can plug in her phone or whatever if need be.

You might want to consider that it's not weather resistant. 12vdc power plugs are available at West Marine that are designed to stay dry. I have one on the '91VR that's installed in the upper right hand corner of the right side dash. I'll go take a pic as soon as things lighten up around here.... :)

This one on ebay saids it is new and waterproof for $25.00 shipping included. Is that a good price? I asked the seller for pictures as to what makes it Water proof or resistence.

Go to Ebay and search for 'venture power outlet' or item # 190624084109

There are several listed. Look at the 99 RSV Power Outlet.

This one does not look to be in great shape, but others come up all the time that are in good shape. I have two of these on mine.

Gary

He specifically said cigarette lighter, not power outlet.

Mine came from one of the auto parts stores, and has a rubber plug that installs into the hole, to make it waterproof. It is also lighted, to help finding it in the dark.

EDIT: The one in that pic isn't lighted. You'll find one with an orange ring around it, that is lighted. That's what I have now.

He specifically said cigarette lighter, not power outlet.

Mine came from one of the auto parts stores, and has a rubber plug that installs into the hole, to make it waterproof. It is also lighted, to help finding it in the dark.

EDIT: The one in that pic isn't lighted. You'll find one with an orange ring around it, that is lighted. That's what I have now.

I thought the cig lighter and power outlet were the same. If not then I'd prefer the power outlet.

The difference between a cigarette lighter and a power outlet is that the lighter is mostly metal to handle the heat of the lighter element and a snap to hold the lightr down while heating. The power outlet is mostly plastic and does not have the catch to hold down the lighter. Other than the lighter itself, you can plug the same stuff into either one.

I'll be dnaged if I can find the weather proof one that you can mount say in the dash of the bike. All I can find is the one like I have posted a pic of. I had one so I know they make them. :confused24: Maybe I found it in a marine section for a boat or something. Orginaly I was going to drill a hole in the botom corner of the trunk and mount it in there. Then I changed my mind and moved it outside the trunk to the grab rail so the one with the mount tab worked out.

Hey Hey wonderful world of fleabay aint it. lol How about this one. About $8 with shipping. Pretty much what I had before I swapped it for what I have now.

http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!CEo)-ZwEWk~$(KGrHqUOKj0E0gzQRf(LBNSeJPdjiQ~~_1.JPG

Edited by djh3