IGNORED

intercom

chippego

Hi all..new to the forum.I have a 09 Venture trike that I bought last fall.I have just got around to getting a set of Chatterbox headsets.I have the radio and cb working thru them . Now the newbie question. In order to use the intercom feature do I talk on a CB channel or is there a seperate setting for intercom? The book is useless in this regard.When I push the talk switch nothing happens unless I am in the CB setting.

Thanks Dean:)

Welcome to the site Dean!!

I have a first Gen Venture but I'm pretty sure that there would be a separate intercom setting. Someone else will chime in and let you know how to get it set up.

If you had to use a CB channel, your private conversation wouldn't be very private....usually the intercom is voice activated.

Good luck!

Dave

The intercom is voice activated, unless you install Mic Mutes. The select button will let you choose speaker or headset for output, and also let you adjust the intercom volume. Try turning the IC volume up, then speak into the microphone, and see if that works. Make sure the passenger volume knob is turned up also.

Push the "Select" button on the radio controller several times until you see "IC" in the window. Then press the UP Arrow or DOWN arrow to turn the Intercom volume up or down. This is also is where you set BASS, TREBLE and FRONT/REAR fader. The "AV" is "Auto Volume". This automatically increases the headset/speaker volume as the bike speeds up and decreases it as the bike slows down.

I think there may be a terminology problem here. It is not actually voice actuated. It is always on. That's why it will pick up wind noise and etc. while you are riding. A lot of us have the mic-mutes installed so that we can turn off the mic when not talking.

The push to talk is STRICTLY for the CB. The "voice actuated" is actually a mute for the radio, etc while you are talking. It mutes the audio except for the intercom. Don is right, the intercom is always on. You need to turn up the intercom volume as stated for it to work. I recommend a setting of 12 to 15, anything more and the wind noise is unbearable even with a sock on the mike...

I think there may be a terminology problem here. It is not actually voice actuated. It is always on. That's why it will pick up wind noise and etc. while you are riding. A lot of us have the mic-mutes installed so that we can turn off the mic when not talking.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

It makes a world of a difference!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again .I got the intercome working..as was mentioned..I had the volume too low! Sorry forgot to go back in and check the post. Chatterbox is the brand of headset I bought.Thanks for all the help:cool10:

Hi again .I got the intercome working..as was mentioned..I had the volume too low! Sorry forgot to go back in and check the post. Chatterbox is the brand of headset I bought.Thanks for all the help:cool10:

Also, the passenger has a volume control on the lower left of the backrest / armrest. And be careful not to put the volume up too high. We did that on the main volume and the passenger volume and got a feedback squeal through the headphones that caused me some hearing damage. Really painful at the time.

Andy

Now I have a question concerning the intercom system. I have a 99 RSV that I am in the process of taking apart and fixing up....paint, mods, ect.(pics to follow in a few weeks) I have decided to take the tour pack off and just install a sissy bar. Of course with the tour pack off , so is the cb system. Am I correct in assuming since I have taken the cb off the bike I will not have an intercom system, or are they separate systems? I figured I would never use the cb much, and for now I kinda like the look without the tour pack and I can always slip it back on if I need to. Thoughts?

I could see a possible interest in using the intercom to speak back and forth with my son while travelling.....