IGNORED

i got a feeling.........

woody071585

Member Charley is in his young twenties, or maybe even his late teens, and rides a 1st gen, I think he was still in High school when he got it a few years ago.

What can I say, some of you young whippersnappers show a little bit of maturity and decide on a comfortable bike that still goes fast! The young ladies will find themselves a lot more comfortable on them instead of a crotch rocket...

Welcome to the nuthouse Woody. There's lots of good info on this forum, and a little BS mixed in, no matter what Venture you have.

Here's a thread on how to list your bike type on top of all your posts, so we know what Venture you have...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58880

There's a couple down the road from you a bit that aren't a whole lot older than you, and they ride an 08 RSV...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/member.php?u=9939

There's a Wisconsin Maintenance Day coming up at the end of June in Southwestern WI, if you'd like to meet some members...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66989

Later, Scooter Bob

Have to agree with a few here. What's in my head and what's on my birth certificate don't match. I wish I had gotten a bagger years ago. Enough power to be fun, and comfort like I have never had on a bike before.

You're just smarter than most your age. And as someone said. Any girl that has perched on the back of a crotch rocket and gets on your bike will be sold on your ride.:lightbulb:

I was 23 or 24 when I bought my 07 new. I am now almost 30. I love my ride and was told I was on a geezer glide also but I would always say I ride in comfort. Remember most ppl saying this don't ride their bikes like I do or we do.

Ride safe and keep the rubber on the road.

It just means thet you want to have all the enjoyment of being on two wheels, but with some genuine 'practicality' thrown in....nothing 'Granpa' about that!....just good old common sense, which is not usually so common in one so young!

Enjoy...

Cheers,

Paul.

:080402gudl_prv:

29. Not many of us younger guys around, but from what I can tell we are the mature ones. :stickinouttounge:

Of your age group, yup. :2cents:

Some of us grow older, but resist growing up. A neighbor of mine, considers himself, a 71 yr old, demented juvenile delinquent.

Hold on a second here... let me see... 25 here. yea, thats right... 2012 - 1987 = 25, there we go.

I stopped counting my years when my birthday was just another day.

1990 Lady Blue, started maybe two years ago on it when the VS650's drive shaft stripped itself when my dad put high pressure vs high temp grease on it when we took it apart the first time.

Now I'm riding a Honda GoldWing as a temp ride till we get the Lady fixed again.

I'm 42, my wife yells at me like one of my children. I am also a 20 year old trapped in an older body. I am still doin wheelies on my sons dirt bike. I personally wouldn't recommend this bike to a beginner, because of the power and weight, but for an experienced rider,...........THESE BIKES ROCK!!!

So I was wrong I'm not the only 20 something year old that learned at a early age why grandpa rides with a full fearing radio and a seat more then a inch thick lol I also have a 01 650 with a 128,000 miles on thought that was the greatest bike in the world till my grandpa talked me in to riding is Gl1800 went down the following day and bought a used 1800 I must say its a wonderful ride but at 6'6" its not comfortable having your feet under you and I decided the way I ride I didn't need bike that would keep up to a cbr "before I chipped it" sold it and went and picked up another star fig my first one was a loyal ride and so far this one is too and its Soo nice not getting soaked in the rain now my 650 goes to walmart and thats about it lol