IGNORED

When your kids become an embarrassment

Freebird

Wow, and to think I was considering bringing my son to Maintenance Day this year.

I am now rethinking that idea I mean what kind of things will he pick up behind my back there?

Will he come home thinking that Apple is really a good computer?

Will he come home thinking 1st gens are the best?

Will he come home thinking he knows more that I do?

Oh the angst of it all!!! The stark fear of it all!!!

I would spend the whole weekend wondering what my son has learned from Don !!!

Nope gonna keep my kid away from there I think!!!

Yep best to do that!!!

Wow, and to think I was considering bringing my son to Maintenance Day this year.

I am now rethinking that idea I mean what kind of things will he pick up behind my back there?

Will he come home thinking that Apple is really a good computer?

Will he come home thinking 1st gens are the best?

Will he come home thinking he knows more that I do?

Oh the angst of it all!!! The stark fear of it all!!!

I would spend the whole weekend wondering what my son has learned from Don !!!

Nope gonna keep my kid away from there I think!!!

Yep best to do that!!!

He will learn how to say: "Huh, What?" in a texan accent :doh:

Hey Don,

Like You, I tried my best to teach all three of my sons the things in life that I thought were important. Some of these lesson's were hard learned by myself, and I wanted to spare my boys the pain I went thru to figure these lessons out. I visited my oldest son out in Southern California a while back, he was getting married, and he told me he needed "to get something off his chest". Like you, I worried, and I ran down a mental list of ALL the "Dubious" things I did as a young man, wondering which one of those issues I would be faced with. I braced myself for the worst, and told myself that no matter what confession my son, my first born seed of my loins, would share with me, I would be there for him, and reassure him that I loved him always, and together, we would work thru this, no matter what. When my son and I had moved to a quiet area, away from everyone else, I began to chew my lower lip. I was quiet, I allowed my son to compose his words, I didn't speak, I allowed him the time to bear his soul to me. I have to admit, I wasn't prepared for what he said next. He was looking at the floor, shuffling his feet, when he raised his head, our eyes met, I tried to look into his eyes with as much compassion as I could muster. He was speaking softly at first, I leaned in a bit, to hear him better. I placed my hand on his shoulder, in an effort to comfort him. (or was I bracing myself for the shock to come!) He was speaking in a wisper.... I strained to make out what he was saying. He muttered, "Dad, I love you, and I know you have always been a Chevy guy,"

The room started to spin, a lump formed in my throat, I suddenly developed "tunnel vision", my legs got weak. Suddenly he was speaking much louder, he threw his shoulders back, and raised his chin high, the words burned in my ears, BUT DAD, I'M A FORD MAN!"

Where did I go wrong, I BLAME HIS MOTHER!:doh:

Thank You Don, for giving me the courage to share this issue with the group. Let the healing begin!

Earl