IGNORED

Motorcyle awareness ad

Black Owl

As a member of the MN Motorcycle Awareness Board, one of our tasks was developing a Public Safety Awareness (PSA) spot to be run on the local media.

The link below is what we came up with.

http://www.minnpost.com/minnclips/2012/03/look-twice-motorcyclists-psa?utm_source=MinnPost+e-mail+newsletters&utm_campaign=db26f78f1f-3_22_2012_Daily_Newsletter3_22_2012&utm_medium=email

What do you think.....

Also, if you have a mind to, please feel free to pass this along to others through your face book page, blogs, club media, any other outlets you may have access to.

We had five video spots submitted for consideration. And, it was unanimous with all board members that this message hit the mark best of all.

Edited by Black Owl

It looks good, I have seen something simular in the last few days but in the middle the frame froze and the rider and the car driver switched rides.... I hope it will bring the message needed out to everyone.

see this one also:

Thanks for sharing. Passed it along to the other board members and the State PIO.

Looks good. If it would only help. Too many folks around here drive like they are in the privacy of their own living room. No perception of anyone or any thing around them.

They scare the daylights out of me. Gotta be top of game every mile out there.

Thanks for the good work for a good cause.

Mike

I like it. As my sister in law said when I tried to teach her to ride a motorcycle " Oh, I just don't want to have to pay that much attention when I drive" She is not a good driver.

I saw a couple ads over in England. One had an accident scene at an intersection. A bike is parked on the kickstand and a car is in pieces all over the road with the driver and passenger being loaded into an ambulance. The cop is interviewing the biker who is saying " I never saw him, he just came out of nowhere, must have been speeding".

Another ad I saw there had bikers riding along and there were very large neon signs over top of them with flashing lights and arrows saying "can you see me now?". and "Here I am". etc. Perhaps whoever came up with them would be willing to share or swap.

Personally I think it's too long with too much 'thought' dialogue. Cell phone usage is one factor, but Left Hand Louies are the bigest contributor to MC accidents...

Maybe a series of MC accident scenes with the car drivers saying 'I didn't see him' over and over.....

Edited by Condor

How about multiple different "side view mirror" shots that do include a motorcycle with the driver then moving, turning etc. into a colision sound one right after the other then at the end the multiple drivers all saying back to back "i did not see him". Then in silence slowly scroll through all the mirror shots again only frozen and in silence with the final sentence put up in at the end. "Look and let them live"

JMHO

I would like to see a series of scenes on a clear road where the car driver makes a left turn into the bike. The bike is obviously visible to the driver, the driver simply did not look. It could be followed by scenes where the biker is being loaded into an ambulance and the drivers are all saying "He just came out of nowhere"