IGNORED

Gas - Where and how much did you pay ?

KIC

Just filled up the 89 and was thinking about how much other places were charging.

Tucson Arizona

Paid; $3.659 ( okay $3.66) 87 Octane

126 mi - 3.7 gal = 34mpg

It appears to me that if I use a heavy dose of Seafoam my mileage drops. This tank will not have any additives.

:Venture:

Edited by KIC

Current price here in Welland, ON (That's near Niagara Falls) is $1.25 / L which is $5.68 / imp. gal. or $4.80 / U.S. gal. Oh, oh! Looks like some of you south of the border might be catching up to our pricing! That's not good!

Andy

My local 66 station I usually stop at almost threw me yesterday. I stopped in to top off the cage which needed about 16 gallons and when I pulled up to the pumps ALL the nozzles were bagged and tagged as out of service EXCEPT the premium pumps. They seemed to be working fine but at $4.49 per gallon there were not many takers. Me neither.

Most the local stations are running regular at $3.66 + or - a few cents.

Seattle/Tacoma about 3.89 to 3.94 for the cheaper gas. I buy my gas at Safeway and try to make my grocery purchases in multiples of $50 for each $50 spent I get 10 cents per gallon off.

So when I gas up I normally have a 10 or 20 cents per gallon credit on my account. I normally bring enough 5 gallon cans so I can buy $100.00 (max) worth of gas as I make a run to Safeway or home depot or some other local business. I have a 1 in syphon with a 1 way valve on it to make the transfer really easy and quick.

I fill my Venture and cars at home. I save a little here and a little there. Works out ok when gas prices are on the upswing.

One time I had a 40 cent per gallon discount and so I brought my RV and my wife drove the other car. The pump auto shut off at $100.00 max and/or I think 35 gallons max.

But it is nice filling my Venture from home for I get to top it off right to the brim before I take off. Nice not having to stop at a gas station. From my drive way I take a left to the business area, or take a right and I'm out in the woods on a 2 lane road with very little traffic. I think so far the max times I've topped the Venture off is about 10 times before the gas level no longer drops.

Seattle/Tacoma about 3.89 to 3.94 for the cheaper gas. I buy my gas at Safeway and try to make my grocery purchases in multiples of $50 for each $50 spent I get 10 cents per gallon off.

Thanks... a good reminder to me to start buying gas at Super-Store as they give discounts on gas based on dollor value of food purchased.

Cost me an arm, a leg and a "lug" nut.

Go figure, yesterday, same place my wife said she got free sex and gas.

I must have picked the wrong day of the week.:confused24:

(somewhat borrowed from Lewis Gizzard)

so, you're saying that she normally pays for "it" .... :stickpoke:

Here in Oz I put standard unleaded in both my tin tops, and premium unleaded in my RSV.

Currently paying $1.38.litre for the standard and $1.42 for the premium.

That's with the 4c/litre discount (loyalty-type thing).

I remember when I left school in 1969 and moved from the bush to the big smoke, petrol was 39c a gallon and a packet of Marlboro was 36c.

My oh my. How times have changed.

Mind you I was only earning $1,098 a year way back then.

Here in Oz I put standard unleaded in both my tin tops, and premium unleaded in my RSV...

The RSV only needs regular unleaded. As written in other threads, going to the higher octane doesn't get you anything other than a lighter wallet.

I'm lucky, my Mustang GT only needs regular unleaded too. Mind you.... at $1.30/Litre it is a lot better than paying $1.40-$1.50 for premium unleaded !