Hi all, I'm new to the forum and to RSTD's.

After looking at bikes for about one year I had narrowed my possible choices down to either a RSTD or a Kawy Nomad. I missed one great deal on an RSTD but found another and picked it up yesterday. I've only put about 80 miles on it so far and I am very happy. More importantly, the wife is happy.

I want to avoid mistakes made with past bikes. Does anyone use the 3M paint protection film and if so, can you give me your thoughts?

Congrats on your purchase. I use the 3m on cars and trucks at the Ford dealership I work at. It really does a good job of protecting the surface. It stays clear for years(does not yellow). It will come off with a little heat from a heat gun. it stands up well to rock chips. I would not hesitate to use it on your bike.

Welcome to the forum Charlie. The RSTD is a great motorcycle.

sorry I can't answer your question about the 3m paint protectant. I know there are lots of opinions on what kind of wax, or protectants to use. I use Plexus windshield cleaner on everything.

Welcome Charlie,

ive been on this site for a couple of yrs and you will find just about an answer to any question you want answered, and probably end up getting a laugh or two in the process. had the 3m on one of my cars and it realy did the trick. Havent used it on my bike but thats a really good idea.

Enjoy that new ride, and welcome to the group.

:cool10:

Thanks for the informaion. I want too keep this sweet bike as nice as possible. I scratched my Shadow tank using a magnetic tank bag. Great idea, poor execution. The old Voyager I just traded in was, well, pretty beat when I got it.

My new ride is a 2007 bone stock red and black RSTD. It only has 3400 miles on it so I think I got a good deal. I think the 3m might be worth a try.

This site was a good source of information when determining if the RSTD might be for me. I'll be joining as a regular memeber in the near future.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and to RSTD's.

After looking at bikes for about one year I had narrowed my possible choices down to either a RSTD or a Kawy Nomad. I missed one great deal on an RSTD but found another and picked it up yesterday. I've only put about 80 miles on it so far and I am very happy. More importantly, the wife is happy.

I want to avoid mistakes made with past bikes. Does anyone use the 3M paint protection film and if so, can you give me your thoughts?

Welcome, :thumbsup2:when you own one of these bikes you need to become a member here. Really good people and well worth the moneys. I have been a member since June of 2008 and have saved a lot of money, way more than the cost of membership. But the hospitality and good friendship and all those that go out their way to help is worth way more than any money that you could ever afford. We have some great times together here on the internet and when we gather together at different gatherings.

Now for the paint protection. I like the ReJex wax. Check out this Thread: http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52505&highlight=ReJex

My new ride is a 2007 bone stock red and black RSTD. It only has 3400 miles on it so I think I got a good deal. I think the 3m might be worth a try.

Congrats on the new ride. Depending on the In service date you may still have some warranty left. Have the VIN checked at a Yamaha dealer and see if it falls in the head gasket recall. Some of the 07 models weren't torqued all the way. Caught early it just needs a retorque. If it starts leaking, it needs replacement. Either way its on Yamaha in warranty or not, but get it checked out.

Great bike the RSTD. Looked at several different bikes myself before deciding on the RSTD. Good combination of style and features. Enjoy it.

RSTDdog

Welcome Charlie this is a great place to hang out and learn about your new bike. Since no one else has mentioned it the number one rule here is. :worthless: Have fun and ride safe. oh and you might want to take your feelings outside and leave them there before coming in here. :whistling:

Pictures will be coming in time. I don't have one of the RSTD yet.

Thank you all for the greetings and the info, especially the cyl. head bolt torque bulletin. As it turns out my bike falls within the VIN range and has not had the issue addressed. I called my local dealer and will take the bike in next weekend.

:322: