IGNORED

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

1BigDog

Just saying Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here a day early. This year and last we have had to celebrate it on a Wed since the Post Office forces its employees to work their holidays. Jean and I are both employees and both are off tue/wed. So, while I have enough seniority to have the day off, poor wife does not. Kids are coming over as well as a few friends tonight at 5. Got a Copelands fried turkey coming soon. I made my world famous creamed potatoes and italian stuffing with sausage. And lets not forget the heavily candied yams coated with melted marshmallows.

So, enjoy your Thanksgiving day with family and friends tomorrow, or tonight if thats the case. :smile5:

Happy Thanksgiving Jeff. Mike and I are celebrating tomorrow, our roommate had to go to his parents this morning to rescue the turkey since they are homebound. I'm being different this year. I am baking a ham, making dressing, and prolly a green veggie if this migraine goes away.

Happy Thanksgiving back at ya, and everyone else.

Wifey in the kitchen now baking and getting everything

ready for tomorrows big feed. Turkey going in the smoker

first thing in the morning. All the kids and grand kids coming!!

:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10: yammer 2k1

http://www.history.com/images/media/slideshow/christmas/macys-parade-santa.jpgHappy Thanksgiving to Ruffy and everyone here!

I made my turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie today.

Only have a few other side dishes tomorrow, and I may even get to see the Macy's Parade. You know that is the REAL Santa!

Yama Mama:smile5:

Donna has been baking all day today with help from a passel of grandkids. We are baking one turkey and I am frying a 25 pounder tomorrow....plus throwing 3 boneless pork loins and 20 pounds of venison sausage on de Bar-B-Q Pit. A huge pot of dirty rice will be done before bedtime tonight. Baked hams (3), side dishes,and desserts too many to mention will be coming in with relatives/friends in the AM. I set up 2 large 4x8 tables in the Living Room so we can set up all the food Buffet style. It's what has to be done when yer feeding 50+ adults and a bus load of younguns.:cool10:

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow with family & friends!!!

Boomer....who fully expects to jack up his cholesterol and blood pressure on Thanksgiving Day.....:whistling:

well let me say i hope every one has a safe holiday.

i will be spending mine at my sisters.. with a brother-inlaw i cant stand.

but i can handle it for a day. and since where going to take the aunties out of the home to have dinner we out number him 6 to 1 LOL. and boomer that venison saugage sure sounds good.

Although Thanksgiving is not something we celebrate in Australia, I certainly think it has a great meaning behind it.

Quickstep and I wish you all a wonderful thanksgiving. :australia:

IRISH PRAYER

May the road rise up to meet you

May the wind be always at your back

May the rain fall soft upon your fields

And until we meet again

May GOD hold you in the palm of His hand

you too? i been told not to touch the pies, the whipped cream. the cookies. untill after dinner. kind of takes all the fun out of it. but i do have a verry sneaky great niece. where in her room right now with some. much earned cookies. i had to keep grandma busy while she got them :banana: