IGNORED

Brrrrrrrr 32

FROG MAN

On my way to work this morning driving the Company truck. A scooter passed me on the Interstate before daylight doing about 80. I barley seen him coming with the frosted mirrors on the truck. My outside temp guage said 32. What is the windchill running 80 at 32 outside. Must be one of those electric suits he was wearing.

My avatar shows me on the south side of lake Superior with my chaps and leather coat on WITHOUT electric..... temp was in the high 30s. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in '61 I rode my 250 Honda till the middle of Dec., lowest temp was 11F. But then guys I live in the South too, Southern Minnesota.

My wife and I went to Grants NM. to watch a grandson play in a championship football game on sat. the 29th SHE suggested that we take the bike. After the game my boy said that they had a BBQ planed and that we needed to stay for it, short story is, that it was about 7:30 that night and already in the low 40s high 30s when we got out of there. 175 miles later where both Popsicles. We had good coats but nothing for the legs. It was the next day when the full feeling came back. It was a good ride though, the bike ran great in-spite of needing new diaphragms.

... the fairing on the venture blocks a lot of wind. I find that an insulated suit and heated gloves keep me pretty warm down to 30F

Agreed. Aren't heated gloves great?!?! (Rhetorical question.) It has hit 34F the last 2 mornings here, but, the ground was dry, so, no possibility of ice, yet. Once we hit freezing, I'll have to be a little more careful about whether I ride the bike or take the truck. Even here near Seattle, I ride year 'round, as long as there's no ice on the roads. Below freezing & dry, I ride. I enjoy it even then.

Of course, I'm not spending hours at a time on the bike at those temps. Don't know what that would be like. My ride is only 30 minutes to work & the protection of the fairing, windshield & heated gloves makes it quite nice.A few years ago, before my wife got me the heated gloves, my hands would hurt by the time I got to work. Not anymore. :rain2: