IGNORED

Cruiser Customizing order issue

1BigDog

Placed an order with Cruiser Customizing 2 weeks ago. I used them a few times in the past but had some issues with them back then so I didnt order from them anymore. I tried them again thinking that maybe things improved, ordering a Kuryakyn chrome caliper cover from them but 12 days later it still hasn't arrived. The answer they provided via emails only shows they have no real desire at true customer service. If they think a 4 week window for parts delivery is ok then there are plenty of other sources out there for parts. Out of all the sources that i have ordered from, CC seems to be one of the worst. I have used Jake Wilson, Competition Accessories, Phat Performance just to name a few and plenty on Ebay and none of them took that long for a part to arrive.

Ok, just venting here......

The pasted item below is from our emails:

first is down at the bottom and gos up.

Why you would ship a domestic order through International mail makes no sense. The 200 to 300% reduction in shipping costs are on your end, not mine. My $8.00+ shipping charges most certainly would have covered shipping via Priority mail. And there is a tracking # on my order. The part has sat in Orlando Fl for 3 days now. If the answer you provided was supposed to make me feel better it did not. Your shipping policies are atrocious. No item should take 1-4 weeks to be delivered domestically.

To: ruffrider99@bellsouth.net

Sent: Mon, October 24, 2011 12:32:35 PM

Subject: RE: Customer Request: Order Status (LTK494019862879X)

Good evening,

Your order shipped 10/12/2011 via International Mail. There is no tracking number on these shipments, we do this to dramatically reduce the cost of shipping (sometimes 200% -300%). Shipping International is generally 1-4 weeks for delivery but can take up to 8 weeks just depending on customs. If you do not receive it by the 8 week time frame please let us know and we can review the shipment and reship if necessary. On a side note I believe we are currently trying to use another service as we are aware of the problem as well. I apologize for the wait and hope to have better service for you in the furture.

Did you hear? Cruiser Customizing now has gift certificates! A great way for you to get them EXACTLY what they want. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or you would like to place an order!

Follow this link to order: http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/gift_certificates.cfm

Got a question? Check out our Knowledgebase. http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-17836517/cmd/kbresource/kb-2586985740911639929/front_page!PAGETYPE

Thank you,

Did this email answer your question? Please provide us a quick feedback:

https://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-17836517/web/ticketpub/feedbackController.jsp?tid=LTK494019862879X&mid=290797746

CruiserCustomizing - Shared Passion. Individual Style.

http://www.CruiserCustomizing.com

Subject: Customer Request: Order Status

Contact Information

Email: ruffrider99@bellsouth.net

Order Number: W20691952

My question is about: Order Status

Additional Info:

I placed an order on Oct 12 and as of today, 12 days later it still has not arrived. The shipping method you use is one of the worst systems I have ever seen. Why you use DHL is lost on me. As a Postal Service employee im aware of all the shipping methods. The delays are huge when you ship items through DHL. For what I paid for shipping you could have just shipped it in a small Priority box and it would have been here within 4 days. I have ordered plenty of bike parts over the years and the only time I ever had trouble was when DHL was involved last year with another company. This could certainly keep me from buying any more parts from CC in the future. Standard Parcel Post shipped directly through the Post Office would be faster then DHL.

14 days and still no part. Called CC today and the woman who answered said she would look into it and call me back by 5. No call.....not too thrilled with them right now.

14 days and still no part. Called CC today and the woman who answered said she would look into it and call me back by 5. No call.....not too thrilled with them right now.

I really like Paypal in a situation like this. File a claim and they take care of it. Had that happen on a 3-pack of HDMI cables I bought off Ebay. After 30 days I requested a refund and got it very quickly. I finally did get the cables.... another 30 days later. The cost to ship them back would have cost what I had paid for them, so said screw it and kept them.

CC did call me back today and said they could not locate the part via tracking so they are shipping a new part to me on Monday via FedEx. Guess speaking to a live person rather then emails works better. I did explain to them just how bad it is to ship via DHL service. Anytime I had something shipped through DHL it took weeks. They said they will look at their options. Im not the first one to complain about DHL with them. Lets see how this one goes....

Same way with a restaurant. If I go twice..I dont give them a third chance. Just my thoughts

Holy schmoke Preacher Dude.

First bad experience at a restaurant should be the last bad experience.

You're a sucker for punishment - going back a second time. :rotf:

CC did call me back today and said they could not locate the part via tracking so they are shipping a new part to me on Monday via FedEx. Guess speaking to a live person rather then emails works better. I did explain to them just how bad it is to ship via DHL service. Anytime I had something shipped through DHL it took weeks. They said they will look at their options. Im not the first one to complain about DHL with them. Lets see how this one goes....

DHL is the same service that was used on my HDMI cords. They shipped the item from L.A. to S.F. and then they put the package in the mail instead of delivering it. Once the package hit the Post Office it went into limbo and could no longer be tracked. I think what they are trying to get away with by doing this is no delivery truck fleet. I also think what happens is the packages sits around at the Post Office until they get around to processing them. Very bad set up....

Jack, when DHL ships these packages its part of a large lot of other packages which takes forever to get to its destination Post Office consolidation point, Orlando FL in my case, picking up other packages along the way. Just because they say it was tendered to USPS does not mean that it actually was. The USPS usually accepts it as a container which is supposed to contain the package, along with other packages. It was at that point that all tracking ceased which leads me to believe that the package never made it to the Post Office. Hopefully CC will cease using DHL and in my case I will not be using CC for any future purchases. Way too many other parts suppliers out there who actually use better shipping methods.

Hey guys this is Ernie from Cruiser Customizing, I have been personally managing this situation and I see that You spoke with Robin on the phone. I know you have had previous issues with DHL but people in different parts of the country have those same issues with the Post Office, UPS and FedEx. Unfortunately there is no way to meet everyone's shipping needs and expectations. No matter who ships the product there is always the possibility of it getting lost. We as a company cannot control the package once it is handed off all we can do is make sure you are taken care of once the issue is realized.

Once you called us, Robin placed a replacement order for you at no cost and upgraded your shipping to Fed Ex 2-3 day. I hope this is a satisfactory resolution.

We at Cruiser Customizing take pride in our Customer Service and I truly believe that we offer a higher caliber of Customer Service than any one of our competitors. If anyone has any questions or needs any assistance feel free to ask for me!

I've bought items where the shipper used DHL and never had a problem getting my items and had them in less than a week, from overseas. I've ordered once from CC, Mike needed mirrors for his bike when he bought it. I found nice ones on CC and had them in 3 days, and they didn't use DHL on my order, it was shipped postal. However I will keep your order problems in mind when considering another order from CC.

Ernie, maybe my response was a little harsh and I did say that the problem was being resolved to my satisfaction. And yes, USPS, FedEx and UPS loses track of stuff as well. As a USPS employee I am familiar with transit times. FedEx and UPS also fly our first class mail and priority packages for the USPS every day. Here in Jacksonville alone FedEX brings in at least 6 trailer loads of mail. I pick them up every night. UPS gives us 1-2 loads a day as well. My beef was with the original emails which made no real sense. Once I got to talk to a live person, Robin in this case, the problem was resolved. Admittedly I did get a little frustrated when I didnt receive a call that day. Sometimes we all forget how hectic it can be at work.

I order many things online and only had issues with another company, which I dont use anymore, having given them 3 tries. I will amend my statement and will consider using CC in the future since you went to the trouble of posting here. But, whatever method you choose to use to ship, dump DHL.

So, CC just called me at home to say how the replacement parts are being handled. Spoke to Robin and all is well. I did speak to Ernie who bent over backward to resolve this issue. Taking the time to register and post here and calling me at home also tells me something about CC. So in the future I will give CC another shot. Since im always ordering something it shouldnt take me long to place another order anyway. :mo money:

Special thanks to Ernie and Robin for the professional way they handled this.

I've ordered from CC before with no issues. I've also had stuff shipped via DHL (not CC) and it arrived likety split.

I always call a company if I am really annoyed about something. How they handle it from there usually speaks volumes. Emails are easy to ignore or to go astray. If they treat me well with a phone call and quickly resolve the issue, I'm good. If not, I don't go back.

Special thanks to Ernie and Robin for the professional way they handled this.

Sounds like CC is taking care of you and from this sounds like their customer service ethic is good. Although there were issues initially... because of the way they've handled it I'd be open to dealing with them.

This is not a slam against CC if they are going to offer additional shipping methods but I can tell you for a FACT that I will NEVER order anything from any company if I know that they are going to use DHL. Yes, USPS, UPS and FedX all mess up from time to time. Nobody is perfect. I can tell you for a fact though that I have had more bad experiences than good with DHL and will never knowingly use them again. A few years ago, I had read that DHL was pulling out of the USA market and was very glad to hear it. Apparently that was not the case though.

Jack, when DHL ships these packages its part of a large lot of other packages which takes forever to get to its destination Post Office consolidation point, Orlando FL in my case, picking up other packages along the way. Just because they say it was tendered to USPS does not mean that it actually was. The USPS usually accepts it as a container which is supposed to contain the package, along with other packages. It was at that point that all tracking ceased which leads me to believe that the package never made it to the Post Office. Hopefully CC will cease using DHL and in my case I will not be using CC for any future purchases. Way too many other parts suppliers out there who actually use better shipping methods.

Not so. My DHL package was traceable to the P.O. and it took 2 days to get there. It finally arrived in my PO Box. Any other shipper would have had it on my doorstep overnight since it's only 400 miles away. I just shipped a very large and expensive sail to Seattle via FedX regular ground. I consigned it to FedX at 13:30hrs Monday, and it arrived at 15:00hrs Wednesday. Great service, and what we expect for our customers. I would have been crazy to use DHL. The rub is that some companies bite into the lower shipping costs offered by DHL. Any system that looses it's ability to track a package consigned to them shouldn't even be allowed to be in the business. Sure some will say that they have experienced great service, but wait until an order doesn't show up in a reasonable amount of time, and and all DHL can say is it's at the P.O.. No thanks, I'll stick with USPS and FedX.....

Good to know about DHL. I'm glad you have this resolved. I have had great service from CC but I always call if there's an issue. My only gripe is the shipping cost. I only live about 30 miles from them and even on small items like speed bleeders the charge me $8.95 for shipping. You could put those in an envelope and mail them for less than a buck. I'd go pick them up if the had a will call but they don't.

Good to know about DHL. I'm glad you have this resolved. I have had great service from CC but I always call if there's an issue. My only gripe is the shipping cost. I only live about 30 miles from them and even on small items like speed bleeders the charge me $8.95 for shipping. You could put those in an envelope and mail them for less than a buck. I'd go pick them up if the had a will call but they don't.

Next time you might try ordering directly off the Speed-Bleeder web site. They use padded envelopes and USPS.... :) Nice folks to deal with... http://www.speedbleeder.com/

Replacement parts order arrived today FedEx as promised. Original order is still AWOL so it all worked out. I did order something else from them and it was shipped free for all the trouble I had. Even got a call from Robin today. Cant ask for more from a company.