IGNORED

Well, I like this pic anyway...

Monty

dont anyone get offended...i know i was stirring the pot with that comment. i love all my fellow brothers in arms. they are still legs though.:smile5:

OH heck, I'm not at all offended...especially since I have no idea what the comment references!

Andy

legs....non-airborne personnel.

Atleast we were smart enough to just stay on the ground in the first place...not go hop on a plane fly around and jump out of said airplane and come back to the ground looking like a bunch of floating targets!!! :whistling:

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Oh...and I'm not offended brother. :smile5:

Atleast we were smart enough to just stay on the ground in the first place...not go hop on a plane fly around and jump out of said airplane and come back to the ground looking like a bunch of floating targets!!! :whistling:

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Oh...and I'm not offended brother. :smile5:

yeah - I could never figure why someone would want jump out of a perfectly good airplane

While I fully understand their reasoning, I can't help feeling that agreeing with it, just brings us down to their (westboro baptist church's) level and I like to believe that the rest of us, as human beings, are well above those morons.

Edited by saddlebum

There was 7 of us, the last Straight Leg Rangers in the Army (I didn't have time to go to jump school before my class stared) after 1970 it was a prerequesite to be jump qualified to go to Ranger School

I did jump later at Ft' Riley, packed my own, what a rush (helicopter 2800') made 2 then got orders to Germany and never got my other 3

Check this out, Played it all the way to the jump Zone [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgsdexkv18]Blood Upon the Risers(Gory Gory What a Hell of a Way to Die) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Arcs&Sparks
added content

I did jump later at Ft' Riley, packed my own, what a rush (helicopter 2800') made 2 then got orders to Germany and never got my other 3

I did two jumps with static line from a Huey at Fort Riley, too. All for fun. When my static line broke on the second jump, I decided that was enough. "Been there, done that" sort of thing.

:thumbsup:

If somone tells you they were scrared on the first jump suspect them as not telling the truth, your too dumb to be scared on the first, but now the second is a different story. The jumpmaster had to show me a foot for me to go the second time. both jumps I made 2 points of contact flat on my feet, flat on my a** real hard to walk for a couple of days.

While I fully understand their reasoning, I can't help that agreeing with it, just brings one down to their (westboro baptist church's) level and I like to believe that the rest of us as human beings, are well above those morons.

Oh now, there you go insulting the morons of the world by comparing them to those Westboro..uhhh...ummm...oh hell, I'll think of a word eventually.

Andy

i was fortunante enough to be with the 82nd. we jumped CONSTANTLY! sometimes twice a day. but after 10 years and almost 400 jumps, something finally gave. a night jump for the discovery channel. 40 injured on the stick including me. multiple spinal fractures...early retirement here i come. still hurts. but i miss those guys.