IGNORED

To Flame or Not to Flame

Guest steyr1488

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say, lets hang him by the closest tree! Then we can give our horses beer while we drink whiskey! Yea!!!

Leonard

Wizard for president! Yeah! But only if he buys the beer for the horses and the whiskey for us! Ohterwise, we'll look for a better deal! :225:

Shooting from the hip often results in toes being shot off. Nuff said.

not if your name is "hipshot"!!!

lol

i agree with the majority. let don, or a tribunal, attempt to settle this dispute.

i too have been "taken to the cleaners", by a member, who by the way, has NEVER signed back in here, since.

just kt

Come on family members.. lets give Don some space and let him inquire about what happened and why..

Don has been sick and doesnt need all this... let it ride for now..

Don has already posted he has contacted the seller and is awaiting his reply..and Don has removed the itmes this seller had in the classifieds..

GIVE DON A BREAK ...

Now wouldnt you really feel bad if something drastic happened to the seller and here we are dogging him for not replying...come on now.

we are all grown ups... patients..

Very well put, Eck. Give some time for a resolution, I am sure Don will handle it with our best interests at heart.

Brad

Didn't some wise internet moderator once say that "one man's treasure is another man's junk?" or was it "one man's junk is another man's treasure?"

Might be good time to go back to thread about being a long winter and read through all the posts there, and then come back to this subject!

Curt

i had a problem with him too , the price went up after i sent him a check , payed the extra money , when i asked questions about the product before i bought it i got rude replies , never did business with him again . only cost me a extra 10 bucks but i got what i wanted .

lol

i agree with the majority. let don, or a tribunal, attempt to settle this dispute.

i too have been "taken to the cleaners", by a member, who by the way, has NEVER signed back in here, since.

just kt

Interestingly enough, it might be the same guy. I recall he was previously registered under a different screen name - MidnightRider or something like that.

EDIT - It was not Midnight Rider (Sorry Dale). However, I remember it as a variation of that.

RR

lol

just kt

Interestingly enough, it might be the same guy. I recall he was previously registered under a different screen name - MidnightRider or something like that.

RR

Have been following this thread...this is nothing new. We have a great place here and occassionaly, like any other place, bad things will happen to good people. We just need to do a good job of policing it. Quietly and effecively. This is what our moderators and Don do very well. I am sure they will tell all of us what happened without jeprodizing the site with a libelous lawsuit.

Thanks for doing your job guys.

:detective:

Well, just for everyones' info, I am going to list a brand new set of Avons for the RSV. Bought them for my bike just before my accident. Didn't have a chance to put them on. Have always had the same screen name and have never listed anything for sale before. So, if you're interested, I can guarrantee you won't get screwed. Just wanted to let you know.

I am going to list a brand new set of Avons for the RSV.

So, if you're interested, I can guarrantee you won't get screwed. Just wanted to let you know.

rsstar,

I am interested...Are they white walls?

I just purchased a set three weeks ago, but am still interested in yours..

Hey Swifty,

No there aren't more strigent requirements to be a member of this site than any other but I can tell by the actions of the members of this site that most are trustworthy people. There will never be a group of people where 100% are trustworthy. Yes, there is another venture site where I wouldn't send anyone anything without having the money in my hand first. I don't even go on that site anymore because of the attitude of some of the members.

RR

This is Midnight Rider, I have been here since day one, Before the crash, And if anyone had any reason or thinks I have in anyway "taken them to the cleaners".. You can call my cell at 816-969-9031. Or post on here, doesn't make a difference to me. And if my name was used by mistake all I can say is do your homework before you start bashing anyone.

Dale

WHOOooooaaa there my friend. :) I will vouch for you any time. Don't take it personal, there are many ways to be Midnight Rider. We have Midnithrdr, it could be midnightrider all one word....Midnight_Rider.....lot's of possibilities. So let's all take a DEEP breath.....think about warm ocean waves licking the white sands of a tropical beach....cool drink in hand with the head and soft hair of your loved one resting gently on your chest....there....now relax......smell the fresh air brought in by the ocean breeze...you are feeling relaxed now......let your mind drift off to faraway and happy places.......

Nobody needs to be crucified for an honest mistake. But! Thieves should be hunted down and hung from the highest limb! I'd say we need to shout out this members name from the highest mountain and let this guy know that this kind of crap will not be tolerated.:scared:

I am calm Don, I am drifting Don ...

While your out drifting, could you stop by the bar and pick me up another cold drink there Dale???..

I just washed the sand from between my toes.....and am much interested in the "sites" .......:thumbsup2:

Ive been following this thread and am a little taken back. I really think that all this should have been taken to Don without mentioning it in a thread at all. Especially as now names are being thrown out either by mistake or not. All the facts have to be examined first anyway. Like lynching before the trial. Lets close this thread and let don figure it out. If there is wrong doing Don will staighten it out and sure dont need our comments to do this. We all have pride in this site and last thing we need is creating a distrustful atmosphere. I have bought from, exchanged with and given stuff free to many on here and have never had reason to gripe but my first move would have been an email to Don before I started all of this.

I think this thread should be closed. And when it is all over Don can post the facts.

This is Midnight Rider, I have been here since day one, Before the crash, And if anyone had any reason or thinks I have in anyway "taken them to the cleaners".. You can call my cell at 816-969-9031. Or post on here, doesn't make a difference to me. And if my name was used by mistake all I can say is do your homework before you start bashing anyone.

Dale

Dale,

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry - I was going by memory and I should have checked the member list before I put that name in the post. The previous member name was some variation on this - but was not you.

I am sorry for not checking before I posted from (poor) memory.

RR

Guest steyr1488
Ive been following this thread and am a little taken back. I really think that all this should have been taken to Don without mentioning it in a thread at all. Especially as now names are being thrown out either by mistake or not. All the facts have to be examined first anyway. Like lynching before the trial. Lets close this thread and let don figure it out. If there is wrong doing Don will staighten it out and sure dont need our comments to do this. We all have pride in this site and last thing we need is creating a distrustful atmosphere. I have bought from, exchanged with and given stuff free to many on here and have never had reason to gripe but my first move would have been an email to Don before I started all of this.

I think this thread should be closed. And when it is all over Don can post the facts.

This is taken from the Home Page of this site:

"VentureRider is free to all. We are a very informal organization and don't feel the need for officers, ranks, etc. Everybody here is on equal standing. There are no cliques or hidden "members only" areas.......... Suggestions for improvement of our site are not only welcome but encouraged. This is not MY site, this is OUR site. We look forward to your input."

That is why I started this thread. It was intended to get member input on whether or not mention names to warn others. The consensus was to let Don take care of it and that is exactly what is happening.

I apologize for opening this can of worms, but I thought it was a politically correct move that was better than sitting back and letting others get burned.

Kris