IGNORED

I passed the test

ADC

:ice_congrats-vi6886 Bet you're in better shape then some of us other folks.:whistling:But I won't mention any names.

Margaret

What names aren't you mentioning there Mini???

CONGRATS ARTHUR!! I know how much work has gone into this. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Will you come to visit the next time my meth-head neighbors threaten to whip my old decrepit butt??:whistling::whistling:

Congrats. I know that it takes a LOT of work to reach that level. I studied Tae Kwon Do for a while when I was in high school. Had a great instructor that knew what was best for me but it wasn't what I wanted. He wanted to teach me discipline, protocol, conditioning and etc. and I just wanted to learn to kick butt. He also stressed that Karate was to be considered as a defense and not to be used to show people that you were a bad ..... He was right of course but I was young and dumb and wanted things to progress faster.

Then I studied again a few years later in Alabama. It wasn't Tae Kwon Do and I don't remember now what it was. I just remember that where the Tae Kwon Do I studied went from brown belt to black belt but the one in Alabama had a red belt that I THINK was between brown and black. At any rate, that instructor was a psycho and didn't care about tradition or body conditioning and etc. very much. He said he knew that we were all there to learn to kick butt and that is what he was going to teach us. His theory was that the best defense was a fast and furious offense. It was pretty intense and not good at all. I was a bit older by then and realized that my first instructor had it right.

So, I never got anywhere with it but I learned that it takes a lot of practice and a lot of conditioning and I admire you for staying with it.

I'm sure that you make these old folks here proud. Me too...even thought I'm NOT an old folk. :whistling:

But will that help in keeping the bike up and not dropping it.........:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well Lewis I've been doing pretty well at not droping any bikes lately but my main concern is will it help with the bears at vogel???????????

Well Lewis I've been doing pretty well at not droping any bikes lately but my main concern is will it help with the bears at vogel???????????

I've wondered about that Arthur. The night the Bear stole my gloves when he woke me I tore out of the tent after him. He ran. What in the He** would I have done if he hadn't???:think::think::rotfl::rotfl: That other guy could have the name Yammer.....

As long as they don't have more belts than you, you can fight them off since your so proficient in so many defense's and make sure they wear those gloves they stole from Dan................

Congratulations, I know how much time and dedication it takes to get your Black Belt. I tested for my Black Belt back in 98 and because of my lack of patience I failed. With family and the job taking so much of my time I have not been able to keep it up. Just remember that you only really start learning AFTER you become a Black Belt.

So just how old, i got my first degree last year at 48 1/2. Will be pushing 51 by the time i.am ready for 2nd degree. I get the old man comments alot as my instructor is 57 and a 5th degree. Everyone else in his classes are kids or early 20s.

My instructor knows a lady that got.her first black belt in ishinru at about 65, so there are a few of us non kids out there.

Bob

Marshall, il

So just how old, i got my first degree last year at 48 1/2. Will be pushing 51 by the time i.am ready for 2nd degree. I get the old man comments alot as my instructor is 57 and a 5th degree. Everyone else in his classes are kids or early 20s.

My instructor knows a lady that got.her first black belt in ishinru at about 65, so there are a few of us non kids out there.

Bob

Marshall, il

I started at 54 and now 58.Before my dad passed away I would come home after working all day then go to class he would ask if i was tired and i would say yes and his reply would be "a man your age ought to know better than to be doing that stuff"