IGNORED

Seat Options - 2nd Gen

There are a lot of options, some have the Corbin, Mustang, Russell Day long, Ultimate and maybe other brands I haven't heard of.

I posted this for a friend with an 04 but now I am curious as I did not think there were many choices.

Thought I heard Ultimate was not made for the 2 gen.

Thanks

Brad

I have the Corbin and I totally love it. I have to total package with driver backrest and matching passenger backrest. It placed you lower and it is more narrow in the driver and passenger leg room. I also like it because it is totally customizable with the different leathers and piping.

If you catch them at a rally you can get it at a discounted price as well.

I had to recover my seat and there was a hard foam/plastic on the top of the foam (maybe on the cover I don't remember). I have the non-pillow top seat.I left it off with the new cover and it is much more comfortable now. Rod

I had to recover my seat and there was a hard foam/plastic on the top of the foam (maybe on the cover I don't remember). I have the non-pillow top seat.I left it off with the new cover and it is much more comfortable now. Rod

I went through the same process this past spring. I ended up sending my seats to Rick Butler and had the buttbutler modification done. If you go to the classifieds you will find his info. I travled from Ohio to California and back with my new seats first week of August. My wife and I were amazed and I have never been so comfortable on my bike. I STRONGLY recomend you check this out. I paid $70 for both seats plus shipping. He did a fantastic job and cant believe the quality of his work for such a low price!!! Only other thing I did for my seats was purchase a butt pad from alaska leather and a utopia backrest. All 3 seat mods/additons I found from this site!!!

I've gotta give another vote for Rick Butler. He worked my pillow-top for me and I can't believe how comfortable it is. I've sat on several different brands of seats on a bunch of different bikes and my Butler-Mod is the best I've tried. And it's a great value for the price.

When I first got my 06 Venture I looked hard at all the after-market seats available. I could NOT ride more than 200 miles a day with the stock seat without experiencing real discomfort!

Smartest thing I did was send the seat to Rick Butler and let him work his magic on dat seat. In hindsight I'd pay 10 times what he charged for the comfortable seat which I now have.

Paying big $$$$ for a after-market seat is no guarantee that your riding days will be long and comfortable.

Boomer.....who sez often times the cheapest fix turns out to be the best one....except when it come to pygmies and Mother-in-laws.....:whistling:

I had the Butler mod done on my seat.... It didn't work for me. I hade intense tailbone pain before AND after the Butler mod.... then I tried a saddlemen road sofa (hard as a brick)... now I have a russell daylong.... and I LOVE it!!! Rode 6500 miles in 2 weeks last year and this year we did 4300 miles in ONE week.... Minimal Tailbone discomfort!!! No discomfort on the first trip... slight discomfort on the second... maybe due to the miles Versus time issue... might be due to me losing 35 + pounds.... The seat is custom made for YOU!!!!!! I HIGHLY recommend it. That being said... for the money, try the Butler mod first!!! It works well for a LOT of the people here!!!!

I had the Butler mod too, still did not fix my issue, just to dang soft.

Went with the Mustang and the backrest option, we both love the Mustang seat.

The Butler mod did help a lot of people here and even some of the GW group had him modify their seats and seem to like it. So spend the 70 and see if you like the Butler mod first, before spending the big bucks.

I'll add another vote for the Butler mods and cast one out there for the Mustang seats as well.

I did not opt to get a back rest at any time and really regret it now.

I just did a round trip from PA to Southern Vermont (yes, I met Irene there and it wasn't pretty) and had my tour bag behind me the entire time - really made clear that a backrest is a necessity in the future...

gp