IGNORED

The Shiny One for sale

Eddie

Iv'e been thinking about putting my bike on ebay. For those of you that have seen it know that I have a couple of dollars into her. Probably close to $30,000. I would like to think I could get $20,000 for it. It's just getting broke in at 15,000 miles. I want to start on another bike , plus I have this GT Vert that I can't leave alone either. I just built a third garage and its gettig full already . What do you guys think ? Should I start taking the bike apart and selling all the stuff on it or just see what happens to it as a whole.

If you are curious you could list it with a high reserve just to see where it gets you, but I have a feeling that you would be better off taking the parts off and selling the parts seperatly, as $20k is a lot for a 4 year old bike regardless of whats on it and miles. Most guys that will look at it will probably think why pay that for used when I could buy new cheaper with a warranty and then dress it the way I like it.

Just my opinion though.

Good Luck,

Paul

Lets see.....

I'll sit here and dream about ownership of the carb covers, side covers, K&N filters, seat, slip-ons, both wheels & tires, LED lights, floor boards, and, and, and, and...Oh heck, reality just set in....

Good luck in what ever you decide Ed.. :thumbsup2:

Iv'e been thinking about putting my bike on ebay. For those of you that have seen it know that I have a couple of dollars into her. Probably close to $30,000. I would like to think I could get $20,000 for it. It's just getting broke in at 15,000 miles. I want to start on another bike , plus I have this GT Vert that I can't leave alone either. I just built a third garage and its gettig full already . What do you guys think ? Should I start taking the bike apart and selling all the stuff on it or just see what happens to it as a whole.

Damn traitor, I'll never ever sit on back of your bike again. How could you. What she have Shini one doesent.....

:1hotsht:

What's a "GT Vert"? Anyhow...you would have to wait until maybe April or May to get it sold. Nobody buys a bike in the winter, unless the price is a "give-away". Tartan Terror tried to sell his much customized Honda cruiser type bike, about a month ago, and he didn't get even half of what he wanted...didn't come close to his reserve so I think he still has it. Even though he has a bad back and can't ride it anymore. Kelly Blue Book shows a "retail price" (if sold by a dealer in excellent condition) $11,325. I doubt if you could get even close to $20,000 even next spring. $20,000 is "new Harley" territory. I know what a BEAUTY you have, and how much you have into it. And you've pretty much run out of stuff you can add to it. And you enjoy the customizing. If you really want to sell it, you have to realize that a lot of the money you spent on it was for your own enjoyment, you won't get it back. I'd say keep it for a few more years, at least until you get that new house you want.

...OR...as a former 1986 Brown VR owner that I know you are...I'd think you might look for some high class Canuck venturerider that has the same tastes in bikes as you do, someone who appreciates the style and performance in bikes that you do, and once you find that guy, I think it'd be a good idea for you to sell your bike to him for book price, knowing it'd be taken care of just like you would, and knowing that you could come over to his place and ride it any time you wanted to.

:whistling:

I listed my 'shiny' 86VR on with eBay on 03 DEC & sold it for 'Buy It Now' price 6 hours before the listing ended [to avoid an auction war], to a fellow in Germany.

He is presently making plans to have it shipped...another $2500. ?

When he saw the pic, [chrome] he told me it was his "Dream Bike" and "you can't put a price on that".

Since I put $2500. into it this year, he is actually getting a very good deal.

When it comes to buyers........you only need one.

Anyway, such was my experience.

Eddie,

If your truly going to get rid of it then I would sell all the chrome (providing you have all the old parts) As nice as it is, I agree with Denny, there's no way your going to get 20 G's for it even in the spring.

Hold onto it for the winter and see what happens come spring, you know you'll be able to get rid of the chrome at anytime.

...OR...as a former 1986 Brown VR owner that I know you are...I'd think you might look for some high class Canuck venturerider that has the same tastes in bikes as you do, someone who appreciates the style and performance in bikes that you do, and once you find that guy, I think it'd be a good idea for you to sell your bike to him for book price, knowing it'd be taken care of just like you would, and knowing that you could come over to his place and ride it any time you wanted to.

:whistling:

Dave you would be the man for the bike but you would have to learn to slow down in them corners a little . LOL

Eddie,

I thought you just got the Shiney One about where you wanted her ?

and what is this GT Vert thing ? Maybe your getting to close to the pipe dope or something, hows your B/P, sweaty palms or any other strange symptoms. I'm worried about you Bro.

:sick::confused24::detective::stirthepot::no-no-no::(:confused24:

Gary Im alright, Ive just got an interest in a bike with six pistons.

Dave you would be the man for the bike but you would have to learn to slow down in them corners a little . LOL

That would be only one of the problems for Swifty. The other is that it is Black. He does not like Black. However he maybe seeing the light now.

He recently has a Black Leather Jacket, Black car, and now he is interested in a RSV. Figured some day he would come around. :sign20:

All the best Eddie.

Brad