IGNORED

Big Tom´s dinner

StarFan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is after midnight and WE can't get used to it being light outside so I am posting more pics...doing to much to write about ..had a great dinner tonight with jonas's relatives...OMG What a feast!!!!!!!This place is FANTASTIC....all of his relatives play instruments and are so talented and they all played for Taters and myself...they made us feel so welcome and we feel like family...I'm getting teary eyed just writing about them so enough said for now and here are a few more pic for all of you.....ps...the game they are playing is REAL.....:think:

Edited by BIG TOM

Its 3:15am... woke up to raid the fridge for a little snack......lol...Damn...its still light out !!!!!! this is just to dang strange ....I can't thank Jonas and Great enough for their hospitality....We are getting the ROYAL treatment by them..You just can't imagine how beautiful this country is...The people are wonderful here..so warm and friendly...After just 2 days here, we have decided to move in permanently with Jonas and Greta:yikes: ....relax Jonas...:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Ok so what is that game and what is the objective? Oh and now that you scared them they'll all be taking you to the airport tomorrow Tom. :whistling:I'm sure they'll keep taters a while longer though.

Margaret

[/quote

The object is to knock down the opponents pins and then the king which is placed in the middle while taunting the other players by looking between your legs and doing handstands and argueing about the rules and then all onlookers are allowed to join in to harass the players and ridicule them in more than one language.... by this time only the players are allowed to throw hunks of wood at everyone to clear the field and then go after the other teams pins while standing on their hands...very intresting game......:rotf::rotf::rotf:at the end everyone hugs and eats lobster, leg of lamb, drinks to excess and plays beautiful music together........its a great game..:dancefool: :dancefool: :dancefool:ps and grilled bananas filled with chocolate and served with.................................................yes, ice cream :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):

Edited by BIG TOM

I stay here now for goud and I change my name to Sven and mama es now to be called Helga.....Here es sum pics fer yous now... tomorrow in am my goud friend Jonas and me es to set nets out on big lake to catch the arctic char to eat wid the whale meat and shark for denner tomorow...life es goud here ...yeow yeow......can you tell what pics were taken at 2300 (11pm) tonight...yous lik the scenery yes......hint .....the last one:yikes:....:fnd_(16):

Edited by BIG TOM

Jonas and Greta has been carting Taters and myself all 0ver this country..Its great having our own tour guides 24-7....Don't think we could ever repay them for their hospitality....Vickie and I are living a dream right now...I'm afraid I'm going to wake up any second to find out its not real.....until them.....:dancefool: :dancefool: ps the ice cream here wins hands down over the stuff sold in the states....and thats for real:fnd_(16):

Is it true the ice cream there is made with whale fat? :scratchchin: Looks like a great place and a great time.:happy34:[/QUOte

Don't think that is true....but if its as good as the whale meat we ate for supper tonight, they should..............picked up our fishing nets tonight at around 11pm....arctic char for lunch tomorrow....:dancefool::dancefool:

Edited by BIG TOM

Icelandic facts...if you want to see the president, you drive up to his front door and ring the bell...he will answer it......just like in the United States :whistling:..........horses aren't just for riding you know....yum yum.................................... MOST Icelandic people speak english, better than most Americans do............there is no admission charge to view all the wonderful parks and waterfalls here.... no hot dog or ice cream vendors or souvenir stands wanting to take your money either........................... Whaleing is a VITAL part of the Isandic culture and heritage......stop believing what you see on TV and learn the facts............................ It is legal to fish with nets while you nap...:whistling: there are few traffic signals and stop signs here, just roundabouts......Icelandic people are the most respectful people toward their enviroment, we need to take a few lessons here my friends....need help or information....KNOCK ON A DOOR..YOU WILL NOT BE MET WITH A SHOTGUN TOTING GRANNY.........Iceladic people (except Jonas) are beautiful people......The police DO NOT CARRY GUNS and are considerate of foreigneers who are in dangerous places where they do not belong...DONT ASK ABOUT THIS ONE.....:whistling: VERY VERY IMPORTANT.....DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING STARFANS TELLS YOU, YOU WILL MEET THE POLICE AND LEARN THE PREVIOUS FACT FIRST HAND.....:buttkick:Thought you may enjoy some of the things that I learned on summer vacation....................:usa: :usa:

Edited by BIG TOM