IGNORED

Impressed with the 100 LED rear light.

Phoneman1981

Glad you got one before we go to Cody! Except I hope we don't ride in the dark. Thanks again for the seat change! It really is going to make my ride more fun. Lyle says, "Why don't you just put the Mustang seat on the Venture & ride it to Cody"?, so Babe can be more comfortable. Why couldn't I think of that. By the way the sissy bar bag really works great to carry my stuff to work in the morning. Sorry I got a little off subject here.

C Ya, Graderman46 :lightbulb:

I have been having issues for the past several weeks trying to upload pictures. I was successful in the past but now every picture that I upload comes back "Failed"? Not sure what is wrong? I have tried resizing the pictures. I will keep trying. Thanks

I have been having issues for the past several weeks trying to upload pictures. I was successful in the past but now every picture that I upload comes back "Failed"? Not sure what is wrong? I have tried resizing the pictures. I will keep trying. Thanks

Mine did the same thing...I had it on to large of setting for picture size. It should be on S 640 x 480.

I tried on on my 83 venture but it kept getting a warning on my display.(battery)

I put the old bulb in and the warning went away. Was there something I should of added.

Thanks Doug

Maybe a load resistor, but then that defeats the purpose of using less current from the stator. If your sole purpose is for it to be brighter, and have the same current draw as the normal bulbs, then you could put in a load resistor.

There's less resistance with the LEDs so your computer thinks that your brake light bulbs are burnt out.

This is the same reason the turn signals flash faster when you have LEDs in them.

Edited by gibvel

I tried on on my 83 venture but it kept getting a warning on my display.(battery)

I put the old bulb in and the warning went away. Was there something I should of added.

Thanks Doug

Doug:

You can take your CMU out of the dash and solder a jumper wire across the sensor on the circuit board. I bought two LED's for the taillight on my 89 VR and they are much brighter. And no annoying icon on the dash. There is a thread on here on how to jumper the sensors. I also soldered my tail light sensor as well as the brake light sensor while I had the circuit board apart.

Jim

I looked at adding the 100 led board but it didn't make a lot of sense to put red led's under a red lens. Seems like your half defeating the purpose. Does anyone know of a clear lens for the rsv?:confused24:

They actually recommend using the red LEDs under a red lens. I called when was getting the direct replacement bulbs for the 1st gen and they told me to get the red LED bulbs for use under the red lens.

Wonder why they recommended that? I just installed smoke lenses for my rear turn signals and changed to amber bulbs. At least to me when using the turn signal it looks the same as clear bulb/amber lense.

Probably the reason for recommending red leds under a red lens is because that's the only option they have and they want you to buy what they have. I'm also sure that the leds do make a dramatic improvement over what the factory supplies and I'll probably buy them even though they could be improved upon with a clear lens.

It is actually because you get more light if you use the red LEDs behind a red lens. My company manufactures LED lit channel letters like you see on the front of retail stores. We offer them in several colors including red, yellow, green, blue, etc. We have done a LOT of tests in regards to which combination of LED and face colors result in the brightest letters. It all has to do with the lightwaves put out by the various colors and how those lightwaves are filtered by the color of the faces. It is a fact that you get brighter output when you match the LED color to the face color.

So in short, what they are recommending is correct.

It is actually because you get more light if you use the red LEDs behind a red lens. My company manufactures LED lit channel letters like you see on the front of retail stores. We offer them in several colors including red, yellow, green, blue, etc. We have done a LOT of tests in regards to which combination of LED and face colors result in the brightest letters. It all has to do with the lightwaves put out by the various colors and how those lightwaves are filtered by the color of the faces. It is a fact that you get brighter output when you match the LED color to the face color.

So in short, what they are recommending is correct.

Thanks Don! I suspected this to be the case, however had no proof, with which to back it up, save the recommendation of the person I talked to. :thumbsup2:

Edited by gibvel

I've got the 100 light on my RSTD and my RSV (had previously had the 32 light).

Yep, it's mighty bright.

But I also had a lighting guy add run/turn/brake BRIGHT LED's to my tail lights (still using the clear lense). I think he got the 100 tail from Custom Dynamics and the R/T/B lights and load module from Signal Dynamics.

(But anyone with a metric phillips screw driver can install the tail light.)

I went from barely visible at night to hard to stare at without seeing red dots for a few minutes. I normally lead my club's rides and riders say they are very obvious day or night. This came about when my wife was following the group in a car and said "I could barely see your bike!".

But the 100 (or even the 32) LED is a good start.

Mike G