IGNORED

What a moron!

cruiserfan

Talking about myself here!

The weather in Florida the last few days has been colder than usual. Since the RSTD is kept in the garage over night, I had to use the choke the other morning to get the bike started. After a few minutes of high idle, I pushed the choke in A LITTLE to slow it down. Got on the helmet, climbed on board, and set off for a short trip to the next town for a Dr. visit. I immediately noticed that the bike was not running "right". It was a little sluggish and idled slow. In fact, it even stalled at a traffic light. I thought that maybe the idle had gotten turned down too far somehow so, when I got to my appointment, I turned it up a bit. On my return home, it was still not right. I stopped at a gas station and filled the tank, thinking maybe I got some bad fuel. I started the bike and, for reasons I can't explain, I leaned over and checked the choke knob. IT WAS STILL OUT! No wonder it was running like crap.

O.K. you cold weather residents, stop laughing!

When I took my novice training course we were not allowed to touch the bike until we were all suited up, proper pants, boots, gloves, jacket and helmet. One guy forgot to tie the strap on his helmet twice after which he was told to find some else to train him. We were then allowed to start the scoot but not mount it, wait until it was warmed up, gun it a couple of times to make sure it responded properly, PUSH IN THE CHOKE and only then were we allowed to mount up. GOOD TRAINING!!!! can get somewhat tricky if the choke is out and the idle a little high when you need to stop suddenly.

I have been riding for over 40 years on and off, and I have been know to do the same thing more times than I can count.........So dont go condeming yourself for someting so menial...........now if you change oil and forget to replace the oil plug................then you can call yourself a Moron................I havent done that yet, but, who knows, at my age brain farts come more often now......................:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

The weather in Florida the last few days has been colder than usual. Since the RSTD is kept in the garage over night, I had to use the choke the other morning to get the bike started. After a few minutes of high idle, I pushed the choke in A LITTLE to slow it down. Got on the helmet, climbed on board, and set off for a short trip to the next town for a Dr. visit. I immediately noticed that the bike was not running "right". It was a little sluggish and idled slow. In fact, it even stalled at a traffic light. I thought that maybe the idle had gotten turned down too far somehow so, when I got to my appointment, I turned it up a bit. On my return home, it was still not right. I stopped at a gas station and filled the tank, thinking maybe I got some bad fuel. I started the bike and, for reasons I can't explain, I leaned over and checked the choke knob. IT WAS STILL OUT! No wonder it was running like crap.

yep , tue. morning , the 1st time i used my choke this year , i had to run with my choke on for a few miles , it was COLD , i was wearing 2 coats , long pants , almost turned around to get my leathers , had to drink a pot of coffee to warm up , it was freezing 48 f . i thought i mite have to put my bike up for the winter ! i'll have drive the cage for the rest of the season , pms

I have been riding for over 40 years on and off, and I have been know to do the same thing more times than I can count.........So dont go condeming yourself for someting so menial...........now if you change oil and forget to replace the oil plug................then you can call yourself a Moron................I havent done that yet, but, who knows, at my age brain farts come more often now......................:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Done that with the choke and changed oil in my Ford Pick-up once to look down and see nice new oil running down the drive!!

I talked to my Mom yesterday and she lives outside of Tampa. She said it was 75. That's cold? We were down to 12 for two of the last three nights. Although it was a balmy 33 last night.

Must just be my bike but even on warm mornings it needs the choke on to start quickly and rev cleanly. Since I always ride with the choke on for the first block and then kill it I'm sure my time for leaving it on is just around the corner. I have been on a FI ride for the past two years, and with riding both now, theres been twice I've sat on the Warrior and couldn't figure out where the choke was.:doh:

Guest tx2sturgis
Whats a choke?

:whistling:

Yeah I know huh?....I hadda get used to using a choke again after riding an FI bike for the last 7 years...but I sure like having that little idle speed knob there too....