IGNORED

not enough light

I rode to work today my first ride in the dark on the new RSV. the stock light is no where near as bright as i like. what have other members done to correct this issue. what replacment bulb are you using?

What light bar are you running?

thanks

Ken

I completely removed the stock headlight and replaced it with a jeweled headlight from an 03 Suzuki SV1000. I then put in a "performance" bulb. The light output and spread is MUCH better! 'Course, I don't expect you do follow suit with the same lenses assy. I had one left-over after I put on dual headlights on my old SV1000.

However, the best lighting mod I did was to put in 37.5W spot beams in the passing/fog lamps. They are clear lenses (not prismed). They point right where my head lamp does and make a nice swath of light right where I want/need it.

There's so much light that I think I've witnessed plants grow when in the beam(s)....ya know...with all that photosynthesis goin' on an' all... :hihi:

I recently replaced mine with a Sylvania SilverStar #9003ST from Mallwart. I thought I'd be frugal and wait until my stock one burned out, which I did. But man, if I had realized how much more light this bulb would put out, I would have changed it the day I brought the bike home. It's still a 60W/55W bulb. But the difference it made riding after dark was like, well, night and day, so to speak.

This is not on a bike but it might help out, on my last truck I installed hella 550's with 100watt bulbs and hooked up to the high beam lights. On our expedition I installed hella 450's with 100watt bulbs hooked up the same way. What a differace at night to help spot little critters on the side of the road.