IGNORED

How Many Miles Before Your RSV Clutch Slipped?

Please post the approximate mileage that you noticed clutch slippage and the corrective action you took.

I've got approximately 44,500 miles on my 06 RSV and so far no clutch problems. I don't want a trip spoiled by a slipping clutch so I'm trying to get an idea when everyone has experienced clutch problems and the best corrective actions.

Thanks!

Mine never slipped but I put a new stock spring in at 38K miles and then put in a PCW complete kit at 128K miles. The spring is all you need for yours and it is a very simple procedure. The discs on my clutch at 128K were still in spec. I changed them so I would not have to for another 100K.

:farmer:

35-36K on my 06 when I noticed a slight slippage. Kbran did the clutch spring upgrade that SkyDoc offers here. The clutch discs were in perfect condition. Coming up on 60K now and NO slippage whatsoever no matter how hard I hammer the throttle.:cool10:

Boomer....loosing pygmies and spreading joy whenever he can here in Loozeeanner.:whistling:

I noticed mine slipping at appx 33,000 kilometers (20 k miles). Normally I wouldn't have noticed it, nor would it have been slipping but sometimes I like to really "get on it" and rev it almost to the limiter and then powershift. I do that without clutching and that's when I noticed it.

I first installed skydoc's kit but wasn't happy with where it left the engage/disengage point on the lever so I replaced his HD spring with 2 stock springs. Works very well now.

NOTE: I've also pulled a loaded trailer last year thru the mountains so that might have had some deterioration effect on the clutch.

20,000 on mine but then that was due mostly to having added a trike kit. Even then it never really slipped unless really getting hard on the throttle. I didn't want to have it develop problems down the road so installed a PCW upgrade kit. No problems with slippage since and now have over 43k on the clock.

Larry

Guest Slab_Ryder

21,000 Miles or 35,000 Kilometers. Ironically, about 3 miles down the road after a local dealer did a change to Synthetic Oil. Went back to Mineral Oil on the next change. Slippage never stopped. Just changed Friction Discs at 61,500 Miles or 99,000 kilometers. Slippage stopped!

Did mine at about 55 or 60,000. Did it a couple of times before I got it the way I like it.

Ended up putting in the heaver spring and new fiber disc's. Did not put in the full fiber disc in the back, just bought a new half one and replaced it. 79,000 now and it works fine.

Was just slipping when I got on it hard in 4 or 5 gear. Rode it like that for a couple of trips, it won't just go bad real quick unless you are slipping the heck out it for some reason.

Even if you would have to do it on the road it wouldn't be to hard a job.

Good Luck,

BOO

Clutch started slipping at 26k so I went with the Barnett kit as well. This was back in 2004 mind you and I dont believe there was a PCW kit available back then. Used the Kevlar discs as well but retained the stock metal discs. Soaked the new discs in the oil that I would be using and havent had any issues with it since.