IGNORED

Squeaky Front Brakes

Danaman

I have a 2004 RSMV and the front brakes are extremely noisey and very annoying. The bike only has 22K KM (approx 13750 Miles) and still has the factory pads. Even though they are still good I want to change them to get rid of the noise. I as thinking about going to the EBC and was wondering which pads,the organic, ceramic, ????? Please advise.

Before you spend money replacing them try getting a tube of brake quiet. Permatex makes a good one. slip the pads out coat the back side, wait until it gets tacky and then slip the pads back in. If you decide to replace the pads anyway I would still apply the brake quiet to the back sides before putting them in.

Before you spend money replacing them try getting a tube of brake quiet. Permatex makes a good one. slip the pads out coat the back side, wait until it gets tacky and then slip the pads back in. If you decide to replace the pads anyway I would still apply the brake quiet to the back sides before putting them in.

Ya, what he said.:thumbsup2:

The noise is usually slight vibration between the pads and the pistons.

If you do change them, I got dibs on yer old ones. I've got over 82,000 on the original pads. They've only been removed a couple times to grease the back sides.

Later, Scooter Bob

2nd gear... 35mph... medium pressure on front brake... 1/2 mile or so... heats them up a little and removes the glaze. I do it often and I lam not wearing out the pads any faster than anyone else...

:stirthepot:

Since nobody has mentioned this before... When I have that problem I pull the pads, lightly sand the glaze off them and the rotors. Reassemble with anti-squeal on the pad backs. Apply the anti-squeal to the metal parts that touch each other. Works every time.

I have a 2004 RSMV and the front brakes are extremely noisey and very annoying. The bike only has 22K KM (approx 13750 Miles) and still has the factory pads. Even though they are still good I want to change them to get rid of the noise. I as thinking about going to the EBC and was wondering which pads,the organic, ceramic, ????? Please advise.

Try bleeding the brakes. Seriously. Had same situation, about 13K miles on original pads (09 RSV). Went to replace pads and saw that they were hardly worn. Left them on and they were still squeeking. Then decided to bleed lines. Got a bubble of air out. Front brakes feel better, firmer, and noise completely gone. Anyway, won't hurt.

Try bleeding the brakes. Seriously. Had same situation, about 13K miles on original pads (09 RSV). Went to replace pads and saw that they were hardly worn. Left them on and they were still squeeking. Then decided to bleed lines. Got a bubble of air out. Front brakes feel better, firmer, and noise completely gone. Anyway, won't hurt.

Yea I had similar experience.. changed handlebars and thus replaced brake lines with stainless ones.. so after all that, the squeal went away... FOR A WHILE.. but its back now..

I guess that validates it is related to the pistons hammering the pads..

I bought some brake quiet stuff.. but haven't applied it yet.. hmm maybe I will do that today.. maybe