IGNORED

My new fuel mileage.

In the Texas panhandle, I was lucky to get 30mpg on my 99 RSV, but here Kentucky Im averaging in the high 30's with a new high of 39mpg on today's fill up. It's the first time I've ever ridden the bike 200 miles on the same tank of fuel. Maybe it's finally broken in with 101,700 miles on it.

About this time last year, I was complaining about not getting 160 miles to a tank of fuel!!

My 09 gets right about 40mpg. If I back off the throttle and keep her under 70mph I'll get 42-43mpg.

BTW: I was stationed in the panhandle of Texas (Amarillo AFB) and I don't think the wind ever quit blowing the whole time I was there. As we all know, wind reeks havoc with gas mileage..

Shaun,

How fast do you drive?? Are you sure you're 83 is running on all 4 cylinders? My 83 gives about 55 MPG @ 50MPH, about 42 MPG @ 70 MPH, and if I run a full tank at 85-90 MPH, it'll give me about 28-30 MPG. My 89 is about 1 MPG lower than the 83.

Frank D.

On my '07, I will get 38 mpg cruising the highway at speeds between 75-80 on the speedo. As we all

know, 75 to 80 translates to between 70-75 mph corrected speed. Not bad IMO for gas mileage.

Next time, I really want to try going just 65 mph and see what my numbers are in terms of gas mileage.

:detective:

I have clocked my milage pretty steady at 41mpg. I just synched my carbs yesterday first time since I aqquired the bike. The synch was way off hope to get better reading soon.

I have not done long trips yet but I ride hard on first few gears and then cruise 5th gear 70- 80- 65 . I have a problem with staying oin one spot on the highway. I am afraiud [eople will frget I am there so I constantly change my speed.

96 rstc khromewerks slip ons, valves just done , synch just done.29500 miles.

36psi up front 39 on rear. 370lb guy solo riding bags but not much gear