IGNORED

Honey it just followed me home!

Gary N.

Found an old '49 Chevy pickup just wondering around on eBay and couldn't help but fall in love with it. Picked it up yesterday in Augusta Ga. and I am now visiting some friends in Raleigh NC. Heading out this morning for home.

The truck was restored in the late '90s and still looks and drives real nice. It's old school with the old Chevy "Stovebolt Six" but has a late model 5 speed with an S-10 rear end and disk brakes. No power steering, no power brakes, no a/c and the radio don't work. So far I'm love'n it.

Edited by Eck

Good looking truck Gary good luck with it.

Wish you would have called. I live about a block away from their place on

Columbia rd. Evans Ga. Could have almost looked in our window from there!

Hey where did you get my truck at? Just kidding but I did have one exactly like that that I had restored some years back. Same color green too it looks like but had a cream interior. I had put in a 350 engine and Muncie 4 speed trans in mine.

Enjoy the ride Gary.

Larry

Very nice, love that it still has a 6. Those are great engines, known as "stovebolt" engines for the bolts that hold on the side covers I believe. Do you know what year the engine is? The valve cover doesn't look right for the year, maybe a newer 6? Could be original though.

Love the 5-speed OD tranny mod, that makes it very driveable over longer distances, and should get you decent mileage. Plus it should be a bunch of fun to drive.

Good looking truck Gary good luck with it.

Wish you would have called. I live about a block away from their place on

Columbia rd. Evans Ga. Could have almost looked in our window from there!

Sorry, I must have drove right by your place. I wasn't there long though.

. Do you know what year the engine is? The valve cover doesn't look right for the year, maybe a newer 6? QUOTE]

It's a 261 cu. in. which was built from '54 to '62. I haven't checked the casting numbers yet to see what exact year.

Nice truck Gary !!! I see it's still got the starter pedal on the floor, does it still work? I learn to drive an old Fargo about the same year. Pretty hard to coordinate a 10 year old foot to pump the gas and press the starter at the same time!