IGNORED

Medical?? Cold weather.

Yammer Dan

I've had a time with this *** leg and cold this winter and it seems to be getting worse. I have blood clots in it and it aches when cold. I expected that during the winter when it was really cold but started to try and get out a little as weather is starting to break and it is worse. Only way I can get pain to stop is get in a hot tub of water and soak the thing. Cutting down my outside activity a lot. Any ideas on how to keep it warm without roasting the rest of me. What makes it react to cold like that? Blood flow not what it used to be. Time to Quit Riding?? I ain't buying it!!! My want to is back up from last couple years but this thing just won't let me go. Pills don't stop the cold ache.

Ya, the warm climate in the Southern Caribbean sure made me feel a whole lot better. After a week and a half my chronic bronchitis and sinusitis sure felt better. All those stairs on the cruise ship didn't help the degenerative joint disease in the legs, but the Captain Morgan and Rum sure did. All the pretty woman in the bikinis didn't hurt either. They helped take my mind off my problems. But then the nude beach was a different story. Trust me when I say that not all the people on the nude beaches are super models. If I could take my Venture and my wife with me, I'd move down that way to get some relief.

:whistling:

Bill

I know what you are going thru.. My Rheumatoid Arthritis, the winter months literally draws all my enegy out with the aches and pains. The only way to decrease my pain is 2000mg of Drugs.

During the summer months its not to bad but the aches and prolong riding Four paws has to pry each fingersof the grips

Just think positive Dan It sucks I know ...and Life goes on

Not yet. It might be something simple as that to keep it calmed down.

I could get some leg warmers. Pink ones of course!!

Not as silly as it sounds. Got anyone who knits?? Get them to knit you some "sleeves" to use on your leg.

My mum used to knit sleeves for our daughter when she was little and doing irish dancing, with a band top and bottom.

You have to put them on at the first frost and not take them off (except to run them through the washer) until you mow the grass for the first time. Get a good set of those space age ultra lite ones that are thin. You won't even know you have them on.

frank:080402gudl_prv:

Edited by Pam
spell check

My recent arm surgery has me feeling the same way. Jean got me the ThermaCare Heat Wraps. They last 8 to 12 hours, they don't get too hot but hot enough to keep the blood flowing. You can put them ANYWHERE you need them, and I have even moved them as the pain creeped. They are pretty thin, and have an "Ace bandage" like set of straps built right into them. I get them at Wally Mart and they come in a red box. They have been working real well for me on cold days when I need to get outside. :thumbsup2:

Earl

Hey Dan:

I know what you are going through. I have had problems with blood clotts since the early 90s. I have been on coumadin since 93. In 2002 I had a Dr take me off of the coumadin and ended up having a pulmonary embolism, they put a filter in me and I have been back on the bloodthinners since. In 2006 I had my left ankle fused and that failed. I have had to really cut way down on my riding. Because of the clotts, none of my Drs would do anything about the messed up ankle. Now the screws are loose and I have to see a new surgeon in May and hopefully they will finally do something about it!

Hope you find something that works for you.

Don