IGNORED

2011 Venture - so who has one?

RandyR

Local dealer here has 2 on order and expects them in mid to late April.

He also has some GW's on order but there could be problem getting them, they recieved a letter stating the suppliers are not back up in swing, and this could delay shippment but Yammy was not having any problems as of Friday..

Reason I know this I'm looking at a GW

Word has it, that not only has the color changed, but they will now come "GLOW IN THE DARK" ..... :whistling::whistling:

Sorry that wasn't nice was it? :8::8:

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...
What year and how can you tell?

[ATTACH]55724[/ATTACH]

That looks like a 2010 model I saw on a showroom floor last year when I was searching for a Midnight Venture.

They had the 2010 with the flames for about $20K and a used 2007 with 1400 miles, no flames, and lots of additional chrome for $12K.

I rode home on the second one.

http://www.lefttoright.net/images/venture.jpg

Edited by AWC

I bought a 2011 in Dec , I put a few thousand km on in Yuma this winter and now am able to ride in our home town of Prince George , B.C. I hade a 02 no problems then 2-1800 wings and liked the seating position of the Yamaha better so bought the new one.

I miss the power and high speed handling of the Honda but over all like the Venture for its smooth v-4 engine and the two tone paint etc.I am really putting some serious thought to some sort of a performace upgrade this winter,perhaps a V-Max engine transplant,I formally was a Yamaha mechanic and feel confident that I could make this upgrade succesfully and end up with the HP that would surpise a few wings out there.

Would apreciate any feed back from anyone who has heard or undertaken this type of mod including camshalft carb mods that have been successfull.

Alright. we have our first member with a 2011.

I'm not aware of anyone doing a Vmax'd 2nd gen, although there have been a few 1st gens.

Apparently there is a big bore kit, although, again, I'm not aware of anyone here running with one.

I'm sure you'll have a few people who have talked about doing that, or have done perf mods chip in.

I bought a 2011 in Dec , I put a few thousand km on in Yuma this winter and now am able to ride in our home town of Prince George , B.C. I hade a 02 no problems then 2-1800 wings and liked the seating position of the Yamaha better so bought the new one.

I miss the power and high speed handling of the Honda but over all like the Venture for its smooth v-4 engine and the two tone paint etc.I am really putting some serious thought to some sort of a performace upgrade this winter,perhaps a V-Max engine transplant,I formally was a Yamaha mechanic and feel confident that I could make this upgrade succesfully and end up with the HP that would surpise a few wings out there.

Would apreciate any feed back from anyone who has heard or undertaken this type of mod including camshalft carb mods that have been successfull.

without pictures it never happend:confused24: you should know the rules by now!!:no-no-no:

I know that Rick Butler has done the VMAX upgrade on a first gen and I think Dingy is doing one now. I had an '89 with the VMAX heads, Vboost, etc. I don't think that it will fit in the second gen frame though. I say this based completely on what I have been told, I don't know anybody who has actually tried it.

I've had an 1800 or two and the Venture has not got that power but--------. I look at Ventures like going from a gas engine car or truck to a diesel. No, you will no longer drag race, but you still got more power than you'll need and it keeps on running like the pink bunny. Mile after miles after miles and the comfort level and leg position will never be surpassed by the wing. That's my attitude and I'm stickin to it. ;)

That looks like a 2010 model I saw on a showroom floor last year when I was searching for a Midnight Venture.

They had the 2010 with the flames for about $20K and a used 2007 with 1400 miles, no flames, and lots of additional chrome for $12K.

I rode home on the second one.

http://www.lefttoright.net/images/venture.jpg

A fine looking machine! Your lucky to have chrome carb covers since they aren't made anymore

! :happy34: