IGNORED

Hauling Two ventures.?

Eddie

Has anyone put two Ventures in a trailer, ( I know what ashame) Enclosed that is . What size did you get them to go in ? Im looking for a new trailer . Not to big .

The title should be Hauling two Ventures .

Edited by Eck

Has anyone put two Ventures in a trailer, ( I know what ashame) Enclosed that is . What size did you get them to go in ? Im looking for a new trailer . Not to big .

The title should be Hauling two Ventures .

I have photographic proof that Thom has done it... don't know what size the trailer was though...:stickpoke:

Quote): .......The title should be Hauling two Ventures .

Corrected title for you..........:thumbsup2:

I had a 6 x 10 and could barely walk / stand on either side of my RSV when tied down in middle of trailer with front wheel touching front end wall. There was no way to walk in front or behind it when tied down in trailer with rear ramp door closed..

This is sad that you have two broken Ventures at the same time, or are you going somewhere and purchasing two motorcycles to bring home? I can understand the latter as it is difficult to ride two motorcycles at the same time over long distances.

Regrettably I cannot comment on an enclosed trailer for two motorcycles as I have only had to trailer one motorcycle at a time which was my 1950 H-D FL when it broke and on a second occasion my new 2010 Honda Goldwing as I could not find a ride to Pennsylvania on short notice to go pick it up from the dealership.

Have you contacted trailer salesmen in your area for recommendations? Take what they say with a grain of salt as they do have a profit motive.

Whatever you get, be sure to get a spare tire for it, just in case.

I have a 6x12 and I dont know how I would get 2 ventures inside, there is only about a foot on either side of the fairing and a bit under 3 feet at the front because the wheel chock takes up space. I think you would hafte remove the luggage off at least one side of one bike to avoid rubbing and scratching.

Also, measure the height of your scoot to the tip of the windshield, after doing the progressives in the forks last year and adding the Clearview windshield I have less than an inch to clear thru the top of the opening while riding into the trailer.

Hi Eddie,

My new trailer is 7 X 18 with a "V" nose which adds another 1 1/2 feet to the over all length. It was made in Sturgis Mi. by Neo Trailers. Lots of room for the bike in the front and Mercedes in the back. The trailer is all aluminium and only weights 1800 lbs. Only 600 lbs. more than my 6 X 12 steel trailer. I was able to order it with 16" O/C floor, wall and roof supports too.

I could probably fit 3 RSVs in there by staggering them.

We had the RSV , a road king and an intruder in a 8X16 trailer last year. 2 up front and 1 in the center behind. That left room to walk around for checking straps plus we had my trailer standing on it's rear bumper strapped to the wall.

Yep, One of my Biz trailers is a 8Wx16Lx7H and WOW!! it's HUGE inside. I bet if I put my mind to it, I could get 5 (2-1-2) RSV's in there.....or come dang close... :) Little overkill tho-.

:cody

I have a 6x10 open trailer w/ a tall tailgate that drops down for a ramp.

I can fit two bikes staggered. My Valkyrie which with the fairing I believe is as large if not larger than the Venture, and a HD Fatboy which is shorter and narrower. I have wheel chocks staggered to equalize the weight over the axle, and made slots for the rear tire to rest in so that it doesn't move side to side and guarantee that they are lined up correctly.

So the Valk's front is about 1 foot from the front of the trailer and the Fatboy is 2 feet back. The mirrors almost touch with this configuration. Actually I have to turn the Valks Right side mirror vertically so the don't touch.

Length wise there is plenty of room but side to side it is very tight.

That being said I think you will need at least 8 feet wide so either an 8x10 if an open trailer or better yet an 8x12. so you can move around to tie everything down.

I would think 8x12 would be the minimum size for an enclosed trailer.

Road withs are usually a minimum of 10 feet with average of 12 feet per lane.

Below is a photo for reference.http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x249/TearlessTom/IMG00116.jpg