IGNORED

A "In Your Best Interest" Warning.....

BoomerCPO

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a 1%er is any motorcycle gang rather than a gang of its own. So does these mean that only 1 percent of the motorcycle community is affiliated with an illicit gang activity? Sorry for the questions but this is something that I have never been exposed to other than whats on TV.

Basically yes....Only 1% of the motorcycle community nationwide are classified as Outlaw Clubs by Federal,State,and local LEO.

For folks desiring more info on this topic I suggest you Google "Motorcycle Protocol" and read the plethoria of info that is available on the Net. There are many Do's & Don'ts regarding 1%'ers when you come into contact with them anywhere. In this case knowledge = survival.

Boomer,

Thanks for the information. I don't wear any patches myself, but coodos to you for letting us all know.

I hafta say that I'm way more than surpised how many people are unaware though.

The pygmys wear patches?

Steve

Basically yes....Only 1% of the motorcycle community nationwide are classified as Outlaw Clubs by Federal,State,and local LEO.

Um, actually no.

The term "1%" was originally coined years ago in an article put out by the AMA (American Motorcycle Association). Their suggestion was that most motorcyclists were good law abiding people and that only 1% of riders caused problems.

The term was then adopted by the clubs as a badge of honor, so to speak, and has since come to common use for any outlaw MC.

Um, actually no.

The term "1%" was originally coined years ago in an article put out by the AMA (American Motorcycle Association). Their suggestion was that most motorcyclists were good law abiding people and that only 1% of riders caused problems.

The term was then adopted by the clubs as a badge of honor, so to speak, and has since come to common use for any outlaw MC.

I don't have the actual stats on hand but Fed and State LEO's who I know have pretty much confirmed the 1% number compared to regular MC riders.

It does not make much of a difference really....the important thing is that we in the riding community are AWARE of their existence and act accordingly to avoid confrontations with them....thus the purpose of my posting this topic.:cool10:

Note: A good Statistician can make the numbers read whatever he/she desires....a look at our Federal budget proves that....:whistling:

Good info here boomer, thanks for posting.

I have only encountered (while on/with the bike anyways) some of these groups two or three times. For each, I just minded my own business and had no problems.

I don't play dress up anymore. I wear gear that actually works.

Yaarrr matey.

There is a big difference between a Motorcycle Club and a Riding Group. I belong to several Riding Groups. MCs have strict rules and regulations. RGs are pretty much open to anybody that like to ride. I always refer to these as Riding Groups so as to not give the wrong impression. I consider VenturRiders a Riding Group.

There is a big difference between a Motorcycle Club and a Riding Group. I belong to several Riding Groups. MCs have strict rules and regulations. RGs are pretty much open to anybody that like to ride. I always refer to these as Riding Groups so as to not give the wrong impression. I consider VenturRiders a Riding Group.

"Eating club....with a riding disorder.":thumbsup2:

So a STAR Logo with the chapter and state 'Rockers' falls into this BS?? :confused07:

STAR makes a point to have the city/state rocker attach to the Star emblem. I figure that if a 1% asks me to take my vest off then I'll do it. It would probably be a pledge who is trying to make a name for himself. They should know that the Star group isn't any threat unless we are all in line at Dairy Queen!

I KNOW NOTHING!!!!

But a small word of advice. Call them what you want Outlaw clubs do not think the same way most of us do.

AND YOU WILL LOOSE!! I don't care how bad you are!! And I ain't getting into a squabble over this even if goose wants to disagree!!

Without the Rockers "Most" are not going to say anything but call you a wanna be.

DONE!!!

hmmmm....lets see...if i am hiking in the wilds and stop for a little snack and pull out a banana from the back pack and a gorilla shows up and says " me want that BANANA!"

am i going to argue with him? HELL NO! I will even peel it for him and ask him if he wants to wash it down with some orange juice that i have in the pack.:o

have a wife and a dog waiting at home that i want to be with for a while longer..:smile5:

Boomer is right, don't argue, remove the vest. Sometimes I hear they say "OK, you showed respect, you can put it back on" But wait for them to say that!

You probably won't ever run into this situation unless you are at a 1% event or 1% bar etc. If you are in a public place, even if there are 1%ers, usually they won't say anything.

STAR has worked with the MC to have the patch with lower rocker up against the patch approved in almost all instances, but still, some clubs don't know this or some individuals don't know this, so remove first, ask questions later!

Star was going to have an East Coast convention last year, but someone with a STAR vest ticked off one person (or a few, doesn't matter) in that state and the convention was moved to TN. Later they got it worked out, the offending person wasn't even a current STAR member.

I wear my STAR vest to STAR functions, and have it put away otherwise. Just don't see the need to wear all that stuff.

As an officer with a local chapter of a riding club here in middle TN I can vouch for the rocker problem. Just in my small town we have 2 MCs fighting a turf war. I have friends in both clubs. I choose not to participate in the MC lifestyle and it is a lifestyle, not just being a member. It is truly not worth your life if you are asked to remove your vest for any reason by them. Just show the respect and do it. Another riding club was shut down by them for just having the city name in their round back patch. But it didnt happen without some gun shots and a lot of crap going on. On the same note, if you ever were to run in to some 1%ers, NEVER touch their vest for any reason. That is also a sign of disrespect for the club. I could go on but enough for now.

OK it's serious, but it's still BS. I don't worry, 'cause I'm not a patch guy. I kinda like a 'Neckid' vest. To each his own.... :) I'll check with my son-in-law. He's a leo and deals with gangs in the SoCal area. I'm wondering, since in this club we do a lot of long distance touring and are 11,000 strong, how many of us have actually been asked to remove their rockered vests by a 1%'er while riding??

Hey condor,

MIne does not have a rocker set. I was asked to remove and I did. Out of respect fro a previous thread where freebird asked no 1% club names I will not say who it was. I removed my vest imediately . It just wasnt worth it.One of me and my wife and at least 30 of them. When the respect was given I was then asked to belly up to the bar and they bought drinks for me and my wife. and we partied with them. I was asked to pledge their group also as I went to school with one of the prominent members to which I respectfully turned down. Now whenever I am around I am allowed to if i want where my vest as long as I dont put rokers on it. I have no intention to do so. Not nbecause of then just dont have the desire to do so.

So yes at least one of us has been asked to remove a vest

David

Guest scarylarry

Take note on what he is saying:

As an officer with a local chapter of a riding club here in middle TN I can vouch for the rocker problem. Just in my small town we have 2 MCs fighting a turf war. I have friends in both clubs. I choose not to participate in the MC lifestyle and it is a lifestyle, not just being a member. It is truly not worth your life if you are asked to remove your vest for any reason by them. Just show the respect and do it. Another riding club was shut down by them for just having the city name in their round back patch. But it didnt happen without some gun shots and a lot of crap going on. On the same note, if you ever were to run in to some 1%ers, NEVER touch their vest for any reason. That is also a sign of disrespect for the club. I could go on but enough for now.

I don't wear a vest, but I know that respect is earned. A complete stranger telling me to do something earns no respect from me. Plus I have problems with taking directions. No, I don't think I'm bad. I have a paralyzed leg thanks to Uncle Sam. I know I'm not. I do know I'm armed and have a lot of spare ammo on me at all times though. What? You think I wouldn't do it? Try me...

Really and you don't believe they all have a couple of surprises also?

Life has to have some value attached to it to really give a crap. The way I see it, you're only here as long as you're here. I care about as much about my life as I do about theirs. I don't play kiddie club games.

I just bought a vest about a month ago. I ......was.....planning on putting a large Star logo patch on the back with a rectangular Venture patch on the bottom. Maybe I will just leave the large one off and just put the small Venture patch at the bottom. Would this be a problem ??

I just bought a vest about a month ago. I ......was.....planning on putting a large Star logo patch on the back with a rectangular Venture patch on the bottom. Maybe I will just leave the large one off and just put the small Venture patch at the bottom. Would this be a problem ??

You can put both of them on your vest. The BIG issue with the 1%'ers is when you put a territorial rocker under the large patches....and the large patch indicates a "MC"...aka Motorcycle Club.

I'm posting this in the best interest of ALL members of this Site. I will NOT debate this issue on this Forum. To each his own regarding your individual actions.

Regards and respect to all......Boomer

you lost something after this part of the post:whistling::080402gudl_prv:mike