IGNORED

Products that might help - "Package Deals"

rumboogy

OK...these may seem like simple little insignificant things to carry on a long distance trip, but I can tell you that I have used BOTH and they are invaluable!

The first is (and don't laugh) Bike Condoms.

What are Bike Condoms? They are small compact individually packaged DISPOSABLE motorcycle covers. The are packed (and I mean REALLY PACKED) into a small 5x8x2 soft pouch that is resealable (in case you want to reuse the cover). They work very well and they are for all practical purposes very inexpensive...especially if you buy in bulk. The material is a vinyl type plastic with some stretch and elastic all the way around the edges. THEY FIT ALMOST ANY BIKE (and yes they do fit the Venture).

The cost of each package is $9.99. But you can buy 5 packages at $7.99 and 10 packages at 6.99.

Most of us probably have bike covers, but the unique things about this one is first, it is disposable so if you do tear it...you haven't spent that much, but more importantly, packing them for a long trip is where this product shines. The pouch is only 5x8" and slim enough to fit ANYWHERE. I have been giving these away as prizes at my biker website parties and everyone has provided positive feedback.

Here is the link:

http://www.bikecondoms.com/index.php/bikecondoms-store/details/20/6/original-bikecondom/the-original-bikecondom

My next little product to talk about may not be able to be used by everyone unless you have a clearview or F4 Customs shield, for those people this is also a MUST PACK item for your long trips.

Most of you have probably heard of this one. Rain*X Towlettes. They come in a small individual packet (and only .99 cents at autozone), and do a great job of cleaning the windshield and also coating with Rain*X at the same time. I carry a zip lock bag and reuse those too...they work extremely well.

Too many times I have stopped at a gas station only to find out they don't have any water OR any towels. This takes care of that problem completely!!

Here is a link for that product (or you can get it almost any car store).

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-RAIN-X-TOWELETTE/dp/B000BPSVVE]Amazon.com: RAIN-X TOWELETTE: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21y4rZdqvVL.@@AMEPARAM@@21y4rZdqvVL[/ame]

Just thought I would share a couple of things I use in my packing when going on long trips.

HOW ABOUT YOU...what is something useful that YOU carry that others might not know about.

The F4 and Clearview windshields have coatings that are designed to be able to use RainX on them.

No, the stock windshield has a coating on it that does NOT like Rain-X.

The Clearview and F-4 windshields, by nature of the material used, can take Rain-X with no problems.

Either way don't use Rain-X if you have the stock shield. You can use Rain-X on Clearview and F-4